"Official" fishing video thread

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Some really cool caddies eats here.

Great video, I want warmer weather! But the technique is not new, I've been fishing that way with my 3 wet fly casts for decades, and I copied it from reading old books. Using a winged wet or dry on the top dropper is old school. I don't think we come up with much new these days, just reinventing. Using my beadhead hare's ears for an anchor doing ESN is just a natural extension of the technique. It's why I rarely fish bobbers, I want to fish/present the whole cast of flies. Your flies down below are working an induced take (Leisenring lift) while you're dancing/skating the top fly. A big stimulator with a heavy pats down below and hares ear softhackle or something in between does the same during stone fly events.

Last edited:

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Great video, I want warmer weather! But the technique is not new, I've been fishing that way with my 3 wet fly casts for decades, and I copied it from reading old books. Using a winged wet or dry on the top dropper is old school. I don't think we come up with much new these days, just reinventing. Using my beadhead hare's ears for an anchor doing ESN is just a natural extension of the technique. It's why I rarely fish bobbers, I want to fish/present the whole cast of flies. Your flies down below are working an induced take (Leisenring lift) while you're dancing/skating the top fly. A big stimulator with a heavy pats down below and hares ear softhackle or something in between does the same during stone fly events.

Of course nothing is new :)