Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Chris Jones on the open market....Niners, crack that piggy bank

Not sure of your source, but he's not a free agent yet. He is playing games with the media and fans alike, though

Go Three pete!!!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I really like Simmons, but they can't afford him, nor would I want them to re-sign him either given his age. I hope he goes somewhere that he can get a ring.

Plus, it really helps their cap hell given the top notch fuck-up of the Russ trade and subsequent deal.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20240307_115031.jpg
I can understand why the over the cap 9ers need to give Chris Jones a massive contract. Better sign some big money cornerbacks too.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
the jealousy of the Niners haters says it all about how their teams are doing :)
Losing to Mahomes, my fave QB in the game today, has no shame.
Not making it to the conference championship game,much less even making the playoffs...not so much

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
It's ok to hate the 49ers...
Not an issue.
Just like with any other sports hate, regardless of the league, sport or player.

Hope this helps.
😁

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
It's ok to hate the 49ers...
Not an issue.
Just like with any other sports hate, regardless of the league, sport or player.

Hope this helps.
😁
all good, Mossback, wouldn't play if not entertaining
as to baiting the jealous and angry... :)

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
I wasn't being a hater. They have no cap space left to sign a 30 million a year DT.
I mean nine of their cap figures for 2025 add up to like 194 million. Completely unrealistic to talk about Niners and Chris Jones.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Anyone else looking forward to the draft? I like looking at the mock drafts after the combine.
I always like to see where the local kids get drafted. good draft this year for WR, OL and QB's. Some nice CB's as well.
Former Huskies Odunze and Fautanu will be 1st round selections. It will be interesting to see where Penix and Nix get selected after Williams, Daniels, McCarthy and Maye.
SF

Mossback

Forum Supporter
League year starts Wednesday, so the extensions, restructures and releases will be coming daily now.
New cap number helps, but there's still teams out there that are over the cap.
So some veteran cap casualties will be on the market, but big time free agents cost more than most of of the top teams have cap space for.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Anyone else looking forward to the draft? I like looking at the mock drafts after the combine.
I always like to see where the local kids get drafted. good draft this year for WR, OL and QB's. Some nice CB's as well.
Former Huskies Odunze and Fautanu will be 1st round selections. It will be interesting to see where Penix and Nix get selected after Williams, Daniels, McCarthy and Maye.
SF
I think Odunze would be a solid LA RAM!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
niners I better shape than I thought...in fact, in really good shape..uh, Mr. Jones, calling Mr. Jones.
"The 49ers rank last in the NFL in 2023 cap expenditures with $201,125,002 despite one of the largest adjusted salary caps. Multiple contracts of players who are among the highest paid at their respective positions (Christian McCaffrey, George Kittle, Fred Warner and Trent Williams) were restructured to push 2023 cap obligations into the future. For example, $18.235 million of Williams' $19.4 million 2023 base salary was converted to signing bonus to create $14.588 million of 2023 cap space. $9.476 million of cap room was picked up by converting $11.845 million of Fred Warner's 2023 base salary into signing bonus. The result is the 49ers have the most cap room to carry over to the 2024 league year with $36,395,266."

Mossback

Forum Supporter
Odunze will be a top 10 pick. Jets could pair him with Wilson and have some top shelf wideouts.
Have seen Arizona linked to him as well.