Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
AD retiring may end up being the best part of the Seahawks off-season. Man that guy was an absolute wrecking ball, especially when he played the Hawks. Never seen an interior lineman just take over games the way he did.
And to think how good Chris Jones is at the same position....yet is a distant 2nd behind Aaron Donald.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I heard or read somewhere that the NFL average for pass rush win rate is 17% against a single blocker.
Aaron Donald’s win rate against double teams was 18%.
The guy was a beast. The only award that alluded him during his career was NFL MVP.
SF

Chris Johnson

Steelhead
I heard or read somewhere that the NFL average for pass rush win rate is 17% against a single blocker.
The guy was a beast. The only award that alluded him during his career was NFL MVP.
SF
Only defenders I know of to win it were LT and Alan Page.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
SF
20240315_124158.jpg
Interesting plot from early 2022. Dominance!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
NFL MVP 1982 it’s blows my mind. And I had forgot about it too……

🤯 a kicker? WTF?

Remember Mark Moseley? Redskins?

Just 🤯
No...I didn't remember that...I remember Mark Moseley...and I remember when the Skins were a great team...

SF
The Lions OL seemed to handle him pretty well, I don't recall his name getting called much in their game but I agree with the general consensus, another first ballot HOF'er.

But don't tell DimeBright that I said that.😉

Would also like to acknowledge the season Penei Sewell had, last I heard, he had allowed only one sack all season and strongly opposed the validity of that call.
I stood up and cheered when they drafted that guy and that's why.

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
yup yup. Wonder did RW3 make a great first impression ? 😛

Not a horrible move. Fields is a decent qb. Great athlete that needs some arm refinement. He just turned 25. It’s not like he totally sucks….Use him for some RPO once in a while, valid back up who will help if needed. A year or two behind RW3 might not be bad. Did wonders for Geno 😉 right?

Only a 6th rounder given up unless he plays a bunch then it can be no worse than a 4th rounder. Think it’s not a bad move actually.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
yup yup. Wonder did RW3 make a great first impression ? 😛

Not a horrible move. Fields is a decent qb. Great athlete that needs some arm refinement. He just turned 25. It’s not like he totally sucks….Use him for some RPO once in a while, valid back up who will help if needed. A year or two behind RW3 might not be bad. Did wonders for Geno 😉 right?

Only a 6th rounder given up unless he plays a bunch then it can be no worse than a 4th rounder. Think it’s not a bad move actually.

Getting a 6th round (that might be a 4th) for a guy picked 11th in the first round seems like a ridiculously low return, especially since he is a QB and you are now going to use the number one pick on another QB.
Some franchises deserve to be shitty. 😉
SF

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Getting a 6th round (that might be a 4th) for a guy picked 11th in the first round seems like a ridiculously low return, especially since he is a QB and you are now going to use the number one pick on another QB.
Some franchises deserve to be shitty. 😉
SF

Pointing out positives for Pittsburgh…. Bears in a world of hurt. Gotta give the QB a chance and provide him with some protection. Josh Allen didn’t really get going until he had 25+ games under his belt. You saw glimpses with Allen. I have seen glimpses with Fields too. A franchise behind a qb is so much better to deal with than a franchise wanting a qb to prove himself to the franchise. Anyways. Another day in the NFL.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Did you mean the QB position?...if so, they are still drafting a qb...with Jimmy Glass & Hoyer released, they only have two qb's under contract...
As said another ho hum season at the QB position . Another one among many . 😳

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Is it correct that the Raiders have not won a playoff game since 2002? That is rough.