New Sage fly rods

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Looks like Sage is releasing new fly rods very soon, wonder what it will be?
Fly rods are so good nowadays I don't know how much of an improvement you can make, there's so much out there to suit everyone.

BTW Sage X is 20% off.

I currently don't fish with any Sage rods but their marketing technique is working and have me interested lol

Screenshot_20220321-105358.png

kmudgn

Steelhead
Their new rods could have the flex of a phone poll, but their marketing people will make them seem like they are absolutely the best piece of fly fishing equipment ever invented by man. If you don't buy one you will be shamed and discommoded worse than LTC Worf

cedarslug

Steelhead
Key word here is EMERGING. It's going to be a rod series dedicated to stealthily tossing emerger patterns along seams. Euronymphing is so passe. Probably quicker than the X but with more feel

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
The new Sage (place model number here), the latest and most advanced fly rod to ever hit the market. This is a must have for the fly fishing enthusiast, from absolute beginner to the most experienced master caster. Try the Sage (place model number here) and you will wonder how you ever got along without it. The Sage (place model number here) delicately delivers the smallest flies at the shortest distance of any rod, but is also capable of bombing your favorite streamer to the far side of the largest streams. Try it today, there will be no going back.

cheers

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
The new Sage (place model number here), the latest and most advanced fly rod to ever hit the market. This is a must have for the fly fishing enthusiast, from absolute beginner to the most experienced master caster. Try the Sage (place model number here) and you will wonder how you ever got along without it. The Sage (place model number here) delicately delivers the smallest flies at the shortest distance of any rod, but is also capable of bombing your favorite streamer to the far side of the largest streams. Try it today, there will be no going back.

cheers
Funny thing is it has always been that way, and I really do love a few of their older models.

Been trying to find an old SP in good condition for a while now. Which they said all that stuff about when it came out 20+ years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Aleforme

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Wait, the late 90's Sage DS2 I just bought is already outdated and useless? I'm new to fly fishing but that just seems fast? They trying to pull a fast one? :ROFLMAO:

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
In the old days, a nice top end rod was manufactured and sold to be used for the owners lifetime...
;)

Now folks are convinced they need a new one every few years,or one for dries, one for nymphs, one for streamers.

Lol
Suckers....they figure the customer base for suckers...

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I like Sage’s fast action rods for streamer fishing in particular. I own the Sage One (7w), Sage Ignitor (6w), Maverick (6w &12w) and X (8w). I think they are great rods for our applications in the Sound, especially for coho where fishing with heavy clousers and wind are issues. They do lack feel IMO but are good throwing heavy stuff far with minimal backcasting even in poor conditions.

I don’t fish Sage rods often for other applications. All my river trout rods are from other manufacturers and can’t think of a Sage rod I have ever owned that was a go to for dry fly fishing or nymphing.

R

RyRy82

Well you can’t take it with you. I say if you want the newest most expensive stuff, then by all means do it. I sure as hell didn’t need a four hundred dollar trout Spey reel to catch more trout, but it makes me happy.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Well you can’t take it with you. I say if you want the newest most expensive stuff, then by all means do it. I sure as hell didn’t need a four hundred dollar trout Spey reel to catch more trout, but it makes me happy.
I'm with you. I'm at an age and point in life, having fun acquiring stuff to enhance certain experiences.