New Motor: Which Color?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Unless you're in to white-framed sunglasses and sperrys. That's the kind of guy who pays a premium for the white motor.
Woah they come in black now too. Maybe I can get my dream shoes after all

nomlasder

Smolt
well, I called to put my deposit on the white motor only to then find out they charge a pretty hefty premium for the white. Not nearly worth the price.

So, as fun as this discussion was, I'm goin with the black because I'm cheap.
I bet if you had chosen black, they would of said there was a premium cost for black,.....

Reactions: M_D

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I really like my white Zuke. Buddy has black on his skiff. But you did get the right motor. Almost as much power as a Yamaha F70. $2K less money and twice the warranty.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I really like my white Zuke. Buddy has black on his skiff. But you did get the right motor. Almost as much power as a Yamaha F70. $2K less money and twice the warranty.
Yeah, Yamaha and Merc tie for my last choices these days. not that they're bad motors. All four stroke outboards are plenty reliable these days. But Suzuki and Tohatsu have a bang for buck that's really hard to beat. Love Honda, too, and like them a lot more than Yamaha + Merc. Just the cost thing again.

Divad

Whitefish
Give your kid(s)? some metallic permanent markers and let them customize the paint job.

Sperrys also come in black so you’ll be set.
B40CAF38-4FD5-4F01-AB14-063CF0DA2850.jpeg