NFR NBA 2024

Non-fishing related

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
That was a bit of a hyperbole. That said, Jokic is better than a lot of those 16 other guys, though I am not sure who they are as there are not 19 players with 6 NBA titles. Lebron has 4.
hyperbole? How about eight Celtics alone have won six or more...open the link to see the list.

Boston Celtics center Bill Russell holds the record for the most NBA championships won with 11 titles during his 13-year playing career.[8] He won his first championship with the Boston Celtics in his rookie year. Afterwards, he went on to win ten championships in the next 12 years, including eight consecutive championships from 1959 to 1966.[9] He won his last two championships in 1968 and 1969 as a player-coach.[8] Russell's teammate, Sam Jones, won ten championships from 1959 to 1969, the second most in NBA history.[10] Four Celtics players, Tom Heinsohn, K. C. Jones, Satch Sanders and John Havlicek, won eight championships each, with Havlicek being the only one to win championships independently of Russell.[11][12][13][14] Two other Celtics, Jim Loscutoff and Frank Ramsey, won seven championships each.[15][16][17]

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
hyperbole? How about eight Celtics alone have won six or more...open the link to see the list.

Boston Celtics center Bill Russell holds the record for the most NBA championships won with 11 titles during his 13-year playing career.[8] He won his first championship with the Boston Celtics in his rookie year. Afterwards, he went on to win ten championships in the next 12 years, including eight consecutive championships from 1959 to 1966.[9] He won his last two championships in 1968 and 1969 as a player-coach.[8] Russell's teammate, Sam Jones, won ten championships from 1959 to 1969, the second most in NBA history.[10] Four Celtics players, Tom Heinsohn, K. C. Jones, Satch Sanders and John Havlicek, won eight championships each, with Havlicek being the only one to win championships independently of Russell.[11][12][13][14] Two other Celtics, Jim Loscutoff and Frank Ramsey, won seven championships each.[15][16][17]
I think you're confused.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Playoffs…C’s are looking good; too bad Jimmy B injured for the series…
C's looked good. They are so versatle defensively.
I am always in awe of just how great NBA players are on the defensive end of the court. When the player you are guarding is 6'8" and can shoot step back from 23'9" and you have to check him one on one, any stop seems miraculous.

BDD

Steelhead
Have not watched much NBA all season but will start to show some interest now. Not a huge fan of where the league and the NBA style right now but the game last night between the Lakers and Nuggets was a good one; games like that are why I still tune in occasionally.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
last night were two of the best play-off games ever...Murray's last second shot to win the game was next level. Lakers so altitude gassed in the fourth quarter they were hyperventilating

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Have not watched much NBA all season but will start to show some interest now. Not a huge fan of where the league and the NBA style right now but the game last night between the Lakers and Nuggets was a good one; games like that are why I still tune in occasionally.
last night were two of the best play-off games ever...Murray's last second shot to win the game was next level. Lakers so altitude gassed in the fourth quarter they were hyperventilating
Lakers missed a prime opportunity to steal a game on the road…ditto 76’ers…

Stimson

Smolt
Forum Supporter
LeBron can play at 39 because he's jacked on steroids. If the refs in LA called the game as they should-no consistent 40+ free throws for the Lakers and the opposing team is lucky to get a dozen. That and call traveling. LA wouldn't even make the playoffs. LeBron flops worse than a BPL soccer player. Biggest player on the court acts like a baby when he doesn't get a call

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
in the last two years the Lakers have been given well over 900 foul shots...second place just over 600, the rest 400 to 500 fouls...so hard to feel sorry for Bron' about not getting calls, when few have ever coaxed more out of the ref's

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
When was the last time the Celtics met expectations? It's been a while.
Truth...I was hoping this season was different, since this roster is the best for the C's since Garnett, Allen & Pierce...but to lose at home when you should dominate a Heat team without Jimmy...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Truth...I was hoping this season was different, since this roster is the best for the C's since Garnett, Allen & Pierce...but to lose at home when you should dominate a Heat team without Jimmy...
It's weird, it wouldn't surprise me if the C's crushed the Heat in the next three, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the series ends up going 7. Even without Jimmy! Man, I would have been super excited about this series if JB were playing.

SSPey

loco alto!
Though Jimmy Butler is the team’s leader, the Miami Heat’s win-loss percentage this season is slightly better without Jimmy on the court. A testament to a well-coached, disciplined team.

The rough-and-tumble nature of playoff ball doesn’t always benefit those teams (and individuals) with the best regular season records. Jaylen Brown can thrive under highly physical play, Tatum is physical but plays so-so when the going gets tough, while Porzingis (despite height) seems less suited.