NFR NBA 2024

Non-fishing related

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I didn't see it started yet, nor do I think this will garner all that much interest, but I hope people are watching this Laker/Warriors game. 2nd overtime currently. How is Lebron 39 and crushing it like he is? This is insane!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dubs just can't seem a way to find a win. They play solid against the god teams and suck against the bad teams.

Lebron is a beast and so is Davis, but boy do they play in the right town. So much acting....

Seems like if you even touch somebody its a foul. I'd sure like to see D be a thing again.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Dubs just can't seem a way to find a win. They play solid against the god teams and suck against the bad teams.

Lebron is a beast and so is Davis, but boy do they play in the right town. So much acting....

Seems like if you even touch somebody its a foul. I'd sure like to see D be a thing again.
I think that the acting has been an NBA wide thing for a number of years now...I don't think it's really made much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, but I'm with ya, I hate seeing crap like people looking like they've been shot out of a cannon when they've barely been touched.

but man, Lebron had just an insane game!

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Not an NBA fan, give me the college game over the NBA any day. Yup, I just shat in your back yard, I am that kind of guy:poop:

Go Jayhawks

jeradjames

Steelhead
Not an NBA fan, give me the college game over the NBA any day. Yup, I just shat in your back yard, I am that kind of guy:poop:

Go Jayhawks
The college game is starting to dwindle a bit in my opinion. With the G league and international opportunities the NCAA is losing lot of talent. It’s still always a fun time during March however and I still enjoy going to a couple games throughout the year. Beating a dead horse here but shit it would be nice to have the Sonics back! I like OKC this year, so much young talent.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Professional and college basketball is the only sport I have the patience for/interest in watching anymore. The lack of defense and flopping these days is tough to stomach sometimes. Five NBA players have scored 60+ this year including 3 or 4 in the last week or so. The game has definitely changed but to me, it’s still best showcase of combined skill and athleticism we have in sports.

College is still fun to watch even though they have lost talent to the g league and Europe. Still gritty and defense matters in some leagues in particular. I’m a Huskies fan (of the UConn variety, you know, the ones that finish the job when they make it to national title games :p). The Big East is still and old school, hard nose league. At least by today’s standards. Ranked # 1 again after last years championship. Looking good this season though the path to a championship will be tougher for them in 2024.

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
No one works harder at staying fit through diet and training than LeBron and Curry...Brady was in that conversation as well when he played.
The Dubs are done, the team chemistry cratered after 'The Punch' and never recovered. As talented a defender Green is, his antics cost the Dubs a Championship, and should have been suspended for the rest of the season after his last b.s. move.
No team goes to the finals without good defense...Donic has to be the worse defender in the NBA, barely trots back on defense, complaining to the refs while he does about some mythical foul...from the fan he got ejected the other night...'Hey Donic, get your fat ass on the treadmill more'....lol

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I dislike whiners, and whining about fouls these days is so prolific…I’m glad it’s a penalty to flop…Vlade Divac would have fouled out of every game he played…

Jake Dogfish

Just Hatched
With Oklahoma voters approving a 25 year lease, im pretty much done watching the NBA.
Rooting against the Thunder, and hoping divine intervention would bring my team back, was all the interest I had left.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Only the name is important. It doesn't matter the team in OKC used to be known as the Supersonics. When Seattle gets an expansion team, calls them the Supersonics, and brings back Squatch, I'd call it a win.

Didn't this scenario play out in the NFL?

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Interesting season shaking out...very happy with how the Celtics are playing...it may be their best team since Pierce/Allen/Garnett...

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Interesting season shaking out...very happy with how the Celtics are playing...it may be their best team since Pierce/Allen/Garnett...
Will definitely be interesting to see how they do against Denver on Thursday

wmelton

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
NBA Championships
Jokic - 1
Jordan, Le Bron, Kareem and 16 other guys - 6
Bill Russell - 11

mike drop
That was a bit of a hyperbole. That said, Jokic is better than a lot of those 16 other guys, though I am not sure who they are as there are not 19 players with 6 NBA titles. Lebron has 4.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
That was a bit of a hyperbole. That said, Jokic is better than a lot of those 16 other guys, though I am not sure who they are as there are not 19 players with 6 NBA titles. Lebron has 4.
There are thirteen NBA players with 6 or more rings...the majority of them are Celtics...Thirteen players with 5...LeBron & Steph have 4