Most scenic places to crap in the west.

Russell

Steelhead
I remember years ago hiking up to a lake that was out there in the cascades, forget which one now, and heading out to find a place to crap after setting up camp. To my surprise, still remember to this day, I found a toilet seat mounted between two trees with a spectacular mountain view. Wish I had some pics from that.
This one isn't that far from the trail down here but still cool.
Anywhere else worth sitting?
shitter.jpg
shitter better looking.jpg

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
there’s a really good one on top of black butte, overlooking three fingered Jack, mt Jefferson and the metolius valley in central oregon.

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
Last time I went up backpacking to Lake Dorthy, the forest service moved the pit toilet box to the top of the ridge overlooking the valley. I enjoyed the view while doing the morning duty. Not sure anyone coming up the hill with me on the commode enjoyed that view.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
While climbing the Mexican volcanoes in 1966 we stayed at the hut between Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl. The hut itself is at very high elevation as both peaks are over 17,000'-Popo almost 18,000. There was an open outhouse there at the time with a stunning view of Izta and Popo to the right. Some suffered the Galloping Golliwogs and didn't appreciate the view but I never got sick and taking a crap was a real visual treat!

I arrived at the summit of Popo just before sunset and was able to view into the crater and see the stunning views of the other Mexican volcanoes. It was my first time above 12,000'.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
For 25M I sure hope a couple of Russ's new ones offer an expansive view of the Rockies.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Camp Schurman on the Emmons Glacier Mt Rainier has shitters with a lovely view. Had the great fortune and sublime experience of taking a midnight dump while watching an outstanding northern lights display....accompanied by a meteor shower.

While climbing the Mexican volcanoes in 1966 we stayed at the hut between Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl. The hut itself is at very high elevation as both peaks are over 17,000'-Popo almost 18,000. There was an open outhouse there at the time with a stunning view of Izta and Popo to the right. Some suffered the Galloping Golliwogs and didn't appreciate the view but I never got sick and taking a crap was a real visual treat!

I arrived at the summit of Popo just before sunset and was able to view into the crater and see the stunning views of the other Mexican volcanoes. It was my first time above 12,000'.
I Know that spot! When I climbed Poop (oops, I meant Popo, but thought I'd leave the typo, since it's so relevant) in 1973 I climbed at night and reached the summit exactly at sunrise to see see a perfect triangular shadow extending out over the valley of Mexico.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Well it certainly wasn’t the one at the Cowlitz Blue Creek launch in the mid 80’s.
SF

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
My brother-in-law has an outhouse with a glass door overlooking a river in Alaska. He says it's so you can see the grizzlies that are coming too eat you!

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Is it really scenic if you're inside?
The best I remember is a tree on the rim near the Bears Ears in Utah, looking over Mule Canyon and Comb Wash, all the way out to Shiprock.