NFR Most popular aps/websites to sell items?

Non-fishing related

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Facebook is a no go, I used to use OfferUp but that seems to be a relic now, Craigslist is kinda shady but an option, is Ebay still a thing? What are people using to sell stuff now?

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter
I'm just using Craigslist at this time so that I don't have to ship anything. I've only purchased things on Ebay but have been curious about using it to sell some things.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'm anti-facebook as it comes, but made an account with a fake email address that I only access through a quarantined browser through a VPN specifically for marketplace. Excessive? Maybe... but it's the only way I'm willing to touch it.

Divad

Whitefish
I too made a Facebook with a computer generated face and crap e-mail that’s only used for marketplace. It’s amazing how fast something sells there though.

Offerup/FB/eBay/Mercari are my go to in-order. Aside from other forums for specific categories.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I still sell on ebay if it's something that is easily shipped and if there is a price that I find acceptable even paying their fees.

Stuff I can't ship I sell on CL.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Interesting, I'm thinking about Etsy too, but I heard they can be strict(like facebook) with what your selling and what I'm planning on selling is 100% legal but questionable :cool:Also why my wife doesn't want it on her Facebook marketplace :LOL:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Interesting, I'm thinking about Etsy too, but I heard they can be strict(like facebook) with what your selling and what I'm planning on selling is 100% legal but questionable :cool:Also why my wife doesn't want it on her Facebook marketplace :LOL:
You can sell your used boxers and speedos on Poshmark.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I'm selling seeds I produced, so lightweight and basically free to me, 13% ebay fees wouldn't hurt my feelings too much. I think that's the route I'll go. I wish I had the time to make a simple website with a paypall but I think that's a bit above my paygrade.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I'm selling seeds I produced, so lightweight and basically free to me, 13% ebay fees wouldn't hurt my feelings too much. I think that's the route I'll go. I wish I had the time to make a simple website with a paypall but I think that's a bit above my paygrade.
Do they turn in to medicinal plants?

chief

Carper
Forum Supporter
Not that it makes it a better deal, but the 13% fee on ebay is not higher than it has always been. It is just packaged differently. It used to be 9% ebay fee and 4% PayPal (which ebay used to own) merchant fee for sold items. Now ebay ended their relationship with PayPal so they use their own merchant processing and bundle it at 13% so it ends up the same cost to the seller. I may be wrong on some of the details, but that is the jist of it.

I sell on ebay, PNW fly fishing classifieds, and a local forum in the area where I live. I am not on Facebook, and don't want to create a double secret access account to sell on their marketplace, so no go there. I don't sell on craigslist either, although I do browse it. I am amazed that the CL platform hasn't ever updated from its fairly primitive, by today's standards, aesthetic and navigation. But i guess if something works you stick with it.......

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Not that it makes it a better deal, but the 13% fee on ebay is not higher than it has always been. It is just packaged differently. It used to be 9% ebay fee and 4% PayPal (which ebay used to own) merchant fee for sold items. Now ebay ended their relationship with PayPal so they use their own merchant processing and bundle it at 13% so it ends up the same cost to the seller. I may be wrong on some of the details, but that is the jist of it.

I sell on ebay, PNW fly fishing classifieds, and a local forum in the area where I live. I am not on Facebook, and don't want to create a double secret access account to sell on their marketplace, so no go there. I don't sell on craigslist either, although I do browse it. I am amazed that the CL platform hasn't ever updated from its fairly primitive, by today's standards, aesthetic and navigation. But i guess if something works you stick with it.......
Thing with Craigslist is that it may be functional, but people, especially the younger ones, expect a bit of a more modern aesthetic, so have been going away. Truth be told, I can't remember the last time I bothered to search Craigslist. Perhaps I should in case deals are there and nobody is noticing.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Not sure I understand all the cloak and dagger requirements for Facebook.