Kayak access to Lenore and Nunally

Kado

Steelhead
Maybe not kosher to ask, but wondering if a Hobie kayak with its wheels can reach the lakes from the parking lots. I’d like to camp overnight just to see these lakes for myself, but don’t want to bring the kayak if not worth it (when they’re open).
Thanks,
Mark

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
It’s all good! Merry and Bobby lakes are the connectors between Lenice and Nunnally, a lot tougher/rougher trail but the fishing was great! It’s been years since I was there, the trail was getting overgrown then…..

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
My dad and I dragged a giant ass two person ocean kayak into Lenice when I was like 12.

Then spent the day paddling each other to rises throwing small adams. If there is a will there is a way😁

Last edited:

dep

Steelhead
great pic Shawn. as mentioned, Lenice is the easier of the two.
with the fire a few years, Nunnally gets pretty steep at the end before dropping to the lake. reserve some energy to get out!.
I believe Merry is now pretty much grown over. I fished it probably 14 years ago (before the browns and tigers were introduced to the lake chain), and I landed an awesome 5 lb rainbow. those lakes were awesome back then.

be safe!

dep

Steelhead
agree BFG. always wanted to works the water channels between the lakes.
have went into the back channels from east side of Nunnally before and caught some good fish. did not go in too far as I never saw the boats on the shore line of Bobby. if you have ever walked the lakes from Nunnally to Lenice, you will know the boats I'm talking about

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It's been eons for me but Lenore had excellent dispersed camping and I used a canoe right from camp to enter the lake.

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Maybe not kosher to ask, but wondering if a Hobie kayak with its wheels can reach the lakes from the parking lots. I’d like to camp overnight just to see these lakes for myself, but don’t want to bring the kayak if not worth it (when they’re open).
Thanks,
Mark
Kado PM me and I can give some insight re Nunnally access.

Ron