Just leaving this here - not to start anything

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I have little faith this will happen. The snow is so very thin up in the hills so far. Gonna take a serious set of Jan/Feb storms to catch up.
Jeez, Josh - Shawn's going to want to float his boat March 1st and we all know if he shows up the last day or two of February the weather is going to be awful: snow, hail, wind, ice - the Seeger Effect at its best.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
But imagine the Mothers Day caddis hatch on the Yak! Dry winters and low reservoir levels yield low flows come Springtime—and big hatches.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have little faith this will happen. The snow is so very thin up in the hills so far. Gonna take a serious set of Jan/Feb storms to catch up.

Traditionally the biggest snow years at baker were late comers. Don't count winter out. I've worked in feet of snow in march plenty of times only to have a late heavy pack.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Too bad some of the great lakes that used to open March 1st no longer do.
Used to enjoy spending that first week over there.
SF

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think the earth has slipped on it's axis and winter is coming a month late this year but it is coming. I just checked the 15 day forecast and 11 of those days contain the S word. Temps near zero in the next week or so. I was beginning to wonder, I spent thousands to get off of the frozen tundra and away from the massive snows but so far it hasn't had any significant snow. I'm sure by the time I go home in March the snow will be measured in feet, not inches.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
It's pretty chilly here too; I wore a flannel shirt on the beach, the grandkids had their jackets on until it came time to fall down in the waves washing ashore:
IMG_3405.JPG
Keiji was convinced if we built a big enough sand dam that the waves wouldn't wash it away.........

And no, I'm not swatting my grandson, he had me digging a trench

Last edited:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Looks like Shawn ordered some Seeger Effect wind as well. 😉
SF

IMG_6124.jpeg