FS Ives's Crusin Casa-any interest in this?

For Sale

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think I am going to let the Casa go and find a nice van, even a mini-van, that is easier for me to get in and out of. Getting in and out of the back of the truck is becoming increasingly difficult for someone that finds himself sneaking up on 90!

The Casa is a 2014 Ram 4WD regular cab with an 8' bed and the 3.6L V-6 with the 8 speed transmission. It has the towing package good for 7,300# and 1,900# of payload with a 3.55 limited slip rear axle. The tires are new Falken Wildpeak AT 3W's, superb all terrain tires. Current mileage is 44,339 and the drivetrain is just perfect always running on synthetic oil with Mopar filters. I have records of every gallon of gas that has gone into it.

It has an A.R.E. canopy raised at the rear with lots of headroom.`Inside the canopy is carpeted and the floor has foam woodgrain tiles that are both warm and easy on the knees. The bed is for but one person, 25'' wide and 77" long. It has storage beneath and converts into a chaise lounge when wanted. There is a kitchen unit that houses a sink, electric pump and both gray and fresh water containers. The kitchen unit supports a fold up table that provides space for an Iwatani butane stove, also included. A fresh water Pur filter is also mounted at the rear where it is easily accessible.

A SetPower 53 qt compressor refrigerator is also included which runs off of the Casa's 12v or the 1000W Jackery Explorer 1000. A 100W Renogy solar panel powers up the Jackery or it can be charged by the rig while driving. I am including a voluminous chuck box that I built about 40 years ago and have carefully maintained ever since,it holds a mountain of food and utensils. Then there is a floor to ceiling cabinet that has a mirrored drop down door which becomes a desk top or eating surface. It has a soft close drawer and beneath that pull out storage for the Jackery that keeps it completely out of the way. Another floor to ceiling cabinet with enclosed shelves and a huge bin drawer at the bottom serves as a wardrobe cupboard and sometimes accepts pantry items.

There are many more subtle touches inside that make it a livable space, just an amazing amount of storage for a small area. I am selling the entire package and all the accessories including a gas powered Blackstone griddle which stores out of the way under the fridge. If I could submit pictures I would but it is much easier with my phone. My no-haggle price is $25,000 for a turnkey camping rig.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Having seen Ive's beautiful Casa many times I'd say it's a steal at $25K. It's truly the ultimate 'camp anywhere in total comfort' fishing rig.

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
This is an actual functional outfit, far superior to any so-called "overlander" rig available today. And at this price, it's a freakin' steal. Buy it, move in, and go wherever you want in safety, style, and comfort. Turn-key.

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Thread drift….here ya go Ive….ideas for your new van.

You’re an inspiration at 90👍

You seem like the kinda guy who needs a big screen TV in the mix 😏

Last edited:

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Toyota Sienna can be had with AWD, just a thought. Pretty bulletproof.
one of my fave vehicles ever....put 100K on our 2008 (Sienna transitioned from timing belts to timing chains in 2007) that we bought with 30K on it, never spent a dime on it other than oil changes, tires and brakes. Plenty of power out of the robust V6, excellent steering. Only sold it because we moved to the mtns and replaced it with a new Forester. Surfing buddy has one with over 250K on it, gutted the rear and camper'd it.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Hey Ive, I'm curious on what kind of gas mileage you get with that truck?

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I would really like to send pics and WW has offered to help me do that. If nothing else, Freestone will be here for a few days this month and she has a ton of Casa pics on her Iphone. She will have little difficulty sending them. Having been born before WWII my brain is devoid of the computer gene, it actually hurts to try to figure all that shit out.

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
I would really like to send pics and WW has offered to help me do that. If nothing else, Freestone will be here for a few days this month and she has a ton of Casa pics on her Iphone. She will have little difficulty sending them. Having been born before WWII my brain is devoid of the computer gene, it actually hurts to try to figure all that shit out.
There’s quite a few pics on the other site, though I know Ive has continued to improve and change things.

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It a single, double or extended cab?

Just found out today my truck is toast :(
Sold it right then and there to the mechanic for 1k and my bill comp'd.
I've had that thing since I was 16.
Sorry to hear that; what is it?
In his OP Ive said it’s a regular cab.