I'll Start - Why I Love Small Streams

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
Are you using an e-bike for trail access..? How do you like it, easy enough for handling stream access in the back country..? No issues with battery dying out if you go off trail a fair distance..? Do you just use it from parking lot and have it mounted it on your car from home..?

The bike is a pedal powered Montague Paratrooper Pro fullsize folding MTB.
So far I'm resisting springing for an e-bike because of cost for as long my body can still get me where I want to go.

cdnred

Life of the Party
The bike is a pedal powered Montague Paratrooper Pro fullsize folding MTB.
So far I'm resisting springing for an e-bike because of cost for as long my body can still get me where I want to go.
I was looking at the heavy cross bar so that got me thinking it may have been an e-bike. I'd be better off getting more exercise myself..

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
When I go off road I do it on my ATV. The most fun you can have on 4 wheels

longputt

Steelhead
They are here in Montana. I gave away all my honey holes in Washington. But I just figured out how to load pictures on here so I'm gonna stick a few up on here in Montana
I think I recognize that vault toilet...I think it was on a trailer headed down I-90 several years ago!

G_Smolt

Legend
I have to love small streams, because they pretty much make up the majority of the flowing freshwater in SE AK. The anadromous portions of the majority of SE AK streams is less than 1500 meters, and many of the stream catchments are less than 45km^2.

Although small, many of them are disproportionate producers - one of the streams I used to fish quite a bit is about 1.5km from lake source to saltwater, yet sees disproportionately large runs of steelhead, sockeye, coho, chum, and pinks - counts of the latter have occasionally topped 200,000 returning adults.

At any rate, I loves me some small water, especially steelhead-flavored small water.
BigFishLittleWater.jpg

Paul Voelker

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have to chime in on this one, I love small streams! Luckily I've go one near-ish that I spend quite a bit of time on. It's a mission to explore further each year than I've ever been and I'm really starting to get myself out into some wilderness now. This is now being accomplished with the use of a quad and miles of hiking.
I've come across beautiful water falls, side creeks that I'm going to explore too, signs of both cougars and bears and I've found a spring shooting water up out of the ground (doesn't appear to be hot unfortunately).
I've got a couple of daughters that I take with me occasionally and on those days we keep it closer to the vehicle and less adventuring into the backcountry.

IMG_20200810_120333.jpgPXL_20210716_180952333.jpgPXL_20210716_182405143.jpgIMG_20200703_130253.jpgPXL_20210703_175638515.jpg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
We need a drooling reaction 🤣

d3tkYlUl_o.gif

Greg Price

Steelhead
You all know I love small streams and expound their virtues ad nauseum. They are my happy place, and along with my grandkids, small stream fishing and everything involved is my suitable substitute to drinking.
View attachment 1015
View attachment 1017
I feel the same way about small streams. And your small streams hold lunker 9 inch trout vs the average 5 or 6 inch trout on the wet side. I enjoy fishing with you immensely, thank you for sharing your slice of small stream nirvana!!!

BadAtFlyFishing

Just Hatched
You all take awesome pics. I love small water and small fish. Don't have the skill to pluck the big ones out of there like many of you do! Other than smacking flies on Puget Sound beaches, fishing streams, creeks and small rivers is pretty much all I do. Here's some shots I found from last summer/fall that are getting me excited for more this year. First two from my favorite river in WA and second two from a stream right by my home. IMG_2540 - Copy.jpgIMG_2538 - Copy.jpgIMG_2459 - Copy.jpgIMG_2432 - Copy.jpg