Sorta fishing-related

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
If it's a wife-Bday...
best pies...

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
It’s been a while since I’ve been there, but my wife and I used to stay at the Stephanie Inn at Cannon. It was fairly expensive 15 years ago so it might be out of that $250/night range now.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It’s been a while since I’ve been there, but my wife and I used to stay at the Stephanie Inn at Cannon. It was fairly expensive 15 years ago so it might be out of that $250/night range now.
Yeah it’s $$$$. But last time there (short of pre covid) we got some type of 2/3 night deal but the thing that was unexpected was the social hour which is more like two hours and they provided basically a complementary meal of sorts. Cheese/smoked meats including salmon, fresh fruit and veggies, house club type sandwiches etc. Wife had a couple glasses of wine from a nice selection of local wineries and I had a couple pints of fresh brew and knocked backed some food and dinner was no longer needed. We did this one night and laid off a bit and just did drinks one night so we could sample some other foods in the area. …Also joined a free mid morning breakfast session about cooking poached eggs and Benedict sauce. Interesting but also a free lunch and those Benedict’s came with a ton of fresh crab. Thus eliminating a couple going out meals by free complimentary programs alleviates costs some.

flybill

Life of the Party
My wife and I like "The Tides by the Sea" on the beach in Seaside. We've stayed there for her summer birthdays, and our winter anniversaries. I wouldn't say it's a "private" beach but it's away from the bustle of downtown hotels and feels very relaxed. Some units are "efficiency", some are "suites" with a separate bedroom, most or all have a full kitchen, I think most or all have a fireplace, and barbeques are available for cooking. We're admittedly "budget minded" and find the prices reasonable.
View attachment 97499
View attachment 97502
View attachment 97498View attachment 97500
View attachment 97501I don't think I would want to leave this place!

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I've never had a problem with any of the AirBnBs I've stayed in. However, at home I'm trapped on all sides by AirBnB.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
If it's a wife-Bday...
Otis is always a stop if we're headed that direction.

Draketake

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Agate Beach Motel. Quiet, quaint, comfortable and affordable. Its like stepping back into the 50's -60's. with it design and the way the staff treats you. Sits on a cliffside affording an incredible view of the ocean. Staircase to the beach if you surf, fish or beachcomb. Even comes with your own carport. Theyve go winter specials but you have to call them and ask about them.

Our fave on the Central Oregon Coast.

Wherever you go..enjoy.

Bob

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Agate Beach Motel. Quiet, quaint, comfortable and affordable. Its like stepping back into the 50's -60's. with it design and the way the staff treats you. Sits on a cliffside affording an incredible view of the ocean. Staircase to the beach if you surf, fish or beachcomb. Even comes with your own carport. Theyve go winter specials but you have to call them and ask about them.

Our fave on the Central Oregon Coast.

Wherever you go..enjoy.

Bob
x2..since we moved to the mountains the Agate is among my fave go to's for surf/fish runs back to the coast, and some good eats to be had in Newport at well.