SFR Hotel recommendations/OR coast

Sorta fishing-related

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I'm looking for a hotel for a quick overnight stay at the coast for the wifey's birthday. Can you get something in the $200-$250 a night range that is decent? I have been googling and everything looks fine? Looking for some insider info, or thin the options.

Range would be from Pacific City up to maybe Gerhart area.

Edit: Gerhart for the northern limit not Rockaway, I always get them mixed up for some reason.

Last edited:
A little bit north of Rockaway, but this is a nice small hotel right on the Nehalem river.
My wife and I stayed here this past summer and will return again for sure. Room #9 has a big ass jet tub in a little attached room, and your own small little deck with chairs to watch the sunset.

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Proposal Rock Inn at Neskowin, midway between Lincoln City and Pac City. Stayed there many times over the last 20+ yrs. Has a nice little cafe and a general store onsite.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
My wife and I like "The Tides by the Sea" on the beach in Seaside. We've stayed there for her summer birthdays, and our winter anniversaries. I wouldn't say it's a "private" beach but it's away from the bustle of downtown hotels and feels very relaxed. Some units are "efficiency", some are "suites" with a separate bedroom, most or all have a full kitchen, I think most or all have a fireplace, and barbeques are available for cooking. We're admittedly "budget minded" and find the prices reasonable.
1704088932382.jpeg
1704089061776.jpeg
1704088202229.jpeg1704088952771.jpeg
1704088969311.jpeg

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We always go through AirBnB and have never been disappointed.
We have done this several
Times and all except one time it was great. But the one time left a bit of sting. Showed up to the house and the driveway had a bit of litter and two dead rats. Next to the door was an opening to the crawl space where the screen had been removed and when I looked in I didn’t care much for what I saw. Took my phone light and shined it in and under and it was filled with a copious amount of rat turds. Inside the house had a funky smell but within 30
Minutes inside we hear noises above in the ceiling/attic area. I’m sure it was rats. We ended up getting a room for three nights at the surf sand inn at canon beach. Our trip was cut a few days short due to that. We did get a full refund but the owner refused to believe our story but had a hard time explaining the pics I took and sent, he apologized. I think (not sure) he had an agency running his rental vacation home that wasn’t providing the service he expected. Anyways that is that tidbit.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Times and all except one time it was great. But the one time left a bit of sting. Showed up to the house and the driveway had a bit of litter and two dead rats. Next to the door was an opening to the crawl space where the screen had been removed and when I looked in I didn’t care much for what I saw. Took my phone light and shined it in and under and it was filled with a copious amount of rat turds. Inside the house had a funky smell but within 30
Minutes inside we hear noises above in the ceiling/attic area. I’m sure it was rats. We ended up getting a room for three nights at the surf sand inn at canon beach. Our trip was cut a few days short due to that. We did get a full refund but the owner refused to believe our story but had a hard time explaining the pics I took and sent, he apologized. I think (not sure) he had an agency running his rental vacation home that wasn’t providing the service he expected. Anyways that is that tidbit.
Ugh rats.... I hate rats.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yikes!

We've gone that route probably 25 times...nary an issue like that!

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Most AirBnB places out there have a minimum number nights, don’t they? We stayed at Tolovana once, it was nice and Cannon Beach has plenty of services available ($$$). That seems like a good bet for a quick overnighter. Enjoy the special time away with your lady! That’s some precious, hard to come by stuff for a working family man.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We're half-owners of a condo in Gearheart with my MIL. Just remodeled it ourselves in the summer of 2021. Nothing fancy, but it's clean and has a clear SW view of the beach to Seaside and Tillamook head. The condo management handles all the booking but we can reserve vacant dates if needed.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yikes!

We've gone that route probably 25 times...nary an issue like that!
No, that is the only one we could chalk up as a horrible experience. We have done mutliple AirBnB,s (20+) all up and down the Washington/Oregon Coast plus inland locations, and Europe as well, and all have been a great experiences..

Check out Pacific View Lodging (https://pacificviewlodging.com/) - they have properties from Lincoln City to Newport, are easy to deal with, have clean and comfortable facilities with a wide variety of sizes and prices. I have used them in Depoe Bay where they have an arrangement with Dockside Charters that gets you a discount on the rent and a no penalty cancellation if ocean conditions cause your charter to be cancelled.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
No, that is the only one we could chalk up as a horrible experience. We have done mutliple AirBnB,s (20+) all up and down the Washington/Oregon Coast plus inland locations, and Europe as well, and all have been a great experiences..
My experience with airB&b has been good, last summer my wife's family rented a house in Beaverton when they came to visit, nice clean and huge ( 4 adults 2 kids and a dog). Right now we're all crammed into her parents house in Idaho Falls, 3 families in about 1200 square feet, and its 20 degrees out. Hence the post, we need to go on a real grt away.
1000005374.jpg

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
If it's a wife-Bday...

I always require that there's a bar. Nothing like the feeling of getting into an alcohol environment at the hotel bar!!