Hope your day was better.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
House in Colorado is sold and we are driving back to WA to close on our new home. We thought we hit a good weather window but my wife, driving our truck and towing our bass boat hit a slick spot and she fishtailed and spun around and ended up in the grassy median between laramie and Rawlins. Wife is fine, dogs are fine but it was so violent at 50 mph that the trailer it totaled. 600 dollar tow back to Laramie and my boat and trailer are stuck at a repair shop until i can procure a trailer. The guy at the repair shop is letting me keep the boat in his fenced yard free of charge.

Huge thanks and respect to Matt the owner of. C&S Trailer service in Laramie WY
and. Warren's Towing and repair.

Both were awesome to me..

Anyway, we had a good hot dinner, good hot showers and we are beginning to relax.

Could have been much worse, and we are very thankful to God that worse was not required.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yikes! Those wind swept roads are brutal.

Gorge has some nasty weather rolling in late this week, might not want to be rolling into town then. Anything above river elevation already has snow and come Friday its going to pile up everywhere.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I bet that was seriously scary! I’m glad she is okay, but that stinks that happened.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
I’m glad you’re all safe. Hang in there…

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
What a scary moment or two! I too am glad you're both safe. Rest well, safe travels.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Challenging times Rob, but glad to hear that your wife is OK and it sounds you got support you needed and met some good people in the process of recovery.

And welcome back to WA. Are you back to the Gorge? Somebody better warn the fishies. ;)

Grayone

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
House in Colorado is sold and we are driving back to WA to close on our new home. We thought we hit a good weather window but my wife, driving our truck and towing our bass boat hit a slick spot and she fishtailed and spun around and ended up in the grassy median between laramie and Rawlins. Wife is fine, dogs are fine but it was so violent at 50 mph that the trailer it totaled. 600 dollar tow back to Laramie and my boat and trailer are stuck at a repair shop until i can procure a trailer. The guy at the repair shop is letting me keep the boat in his fenced yard free of charge.

Anyway, we had a good hot dinner, good hot showers and we are beginning to relax.

Could have been much worse, and we are very thankful to God that worse was not required.
Take care.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
You do the deserve the break that is coming.
Thank you for the kind thoughts they really are appreciated. Believe me, I've been given a great many more breaks than I deserve.
most important part of this to never again take my wife's company in this life for granted. I took an oath to forsake all others, that includes a stupid boat and trailer.
I know not many here think like me but God has been very good to me.

flybill

Life of the Party
Glad you guys are safe and not hurt! Hang in there! The trailer can be replaced.. Peace and safe travels the rest of the way!

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter

Damn, sorry to hear about your trailer but I'm very glad you, your wife, and your dogs are ok!