Hope your day was better.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Good to hear everyone is safe…this is a tough time of year for travel…wishing you a safe and uneventful journey for the rest of the trip

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Glad all are well, Rob. Sorry this happened. Safe travels on the rest of your journey.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Glad to hear everyone is safe . I’ve towed a 38’ fifth wheel thru that area the day after it was shutdown for high winds. It was still a scary tow thru there , it was still plenty windy .

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sorry that happened Rob, and glad everyone is OK. Icy roads are scary, and the way black ice sneaks up on a driver is double scary. Safe travels for the remainder of your journey.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Tough break Rob! Glad everyone is ok. Some nasty weather this week, might be best to hunker down if you can. I made that run in my daughters Camaro years ago during a Superbowl weekend white out and had to pause for closed hiways twice. Watch that pass in Oregon.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Very sorry to hear this happened, but so glad to hear everyone is OK. Wishing you safe travels ahead.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Damn, I'm sure glad yer OK and it was just the boat trailer.
I slide off the road a couple winters ago moving about 5 mph and it scared the shit out of me as I went down the bank into a neighbors yard.

SeaRunner

Steelhead
Sorry to hear that happened and glad everyone is ok. I have done that drive a couple times and I don't think I've ever tried to push it anywhere close to the "speed limit" in the winter. Cars can pass me all they want, but I've seen too many spun out trailers and semis that previously passed me. That road all the way to the Utah border can be ok for stretches and then suddenly you're in rutted snow/ice and/or blowing snow. My wife has done that drive more times than I and she has some stories. I call that road Mad Max. Around Elk Mountain always seems particularly bad.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Sorry that happened Rob, and glad everyone is OK. Icy roads are scary, and the way black ice sneaks up on a driver is double scary. Safe travels for the remainder of your journey.
Total black ice situation, we were traveling at reduced speeds but when the trailer starts swinging you're just along for the ride..

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Tough break Rob! Glad everyone is ok. Some nasty weather this week, might be best to hunker down if you can. I made that run in my daughters Camaro years ago during a Superbowl weekend white out and had to pause for closed hiways twice. Watch that pass in Oregon.
We are in Brigham city UT right now. It so happens the motel we picked is right next door to Wells Fargo, we might try to do a remote close on the house from here if it's possible maybe stay here a day or two if we have to.

Divad

Whitefish
Rob, aside from the typical outlets for a used trailer, have you called around to boat shops/dealers? Sometimes they procure excess trailers and start stacking them, might find a good deal to get you back on the road.

Glad the fam is okay! I’ve had a couple black ice incidents on the highway where I found myself in the median. A trailer lost isn’t too bad all things considered.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
Rob, aside from the typical outlets for a used trailer, have you called around to boat shops/dealers? Sometimes they procure excess trailers and start stacking them, might find a good deal to get you back on the road.

Glad the fam is okay! I’ve had a couple black ice incidents on the highway where I found myself in the median. A trailer lost isn’t too bad all things considered.
I'm exploring options casually at the moment. More important that we get our new home closed and get ourselves moved in. Then I'll get serious about getting a trailer and going to get my boat.