NFR holes in one

Non-fishing related

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I'm a terrible golfer and I dont much enjoy it. My younger brother is an avid golfer and sometimes will convince to come out day drinking and hitting shit with sticks. He takes it very seriously, and I score my card with smiley faces or frowny faces.

One time at a ghetto little 9 hole course I hit a tee shot that started skipping on the ground about 50 ft off the box. I'll be damned if that ball didnt keep skipping all the way to the green and roll in.

My brother has never forgiven me for that. Probably because of the consistency with which I remind him of it.
Smiley face / frowny face is solid. I add in a straight face to the mix every once in a while.

TDub

No fish here
Forum Supporter
I got a hole in one last year. I was by myself, and nobody saw it but me. I was still pretty excited about it. It was like catching the trout of your life by yourself without proof. Pictures, or it didn't happen type stuff.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I kinda got one...2nd at Jackson short nine. Ball landed about a yard past and zipped back in. We used to live nearby and I'd go there a lot, so I've probably played that little short nine a couple hundred times. Was bound to happen with that many really short par 3s. My friends all said it counted, until I bought them a round of beers, at which point they quickly changed there mind and said it wasn't legit cause it was a short nine. Great friends.

Chucker

Steelhead
I got a hole in one last year. I was by myself, and nobody saw it but me. I was still pretty excited about it. It was like catching the trout of your life by yourself without proof. Pictures, or it didn't happen type stuff.
One time my dad got a hole in one, we were playing a really late evening round and it was basically dark. As far as we could tell, we had both hit onto the green, but we couldn’t find his ball until I decided to hole out with mine.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Back when I played a great deal of competitive golf during one high dollar tournament I missed winning a million bucks by only 3 strokes. They were giving 1M for an ace on number 15 and I made a 4.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yeah, but can anything golf really be "hard core" sport?
FWIW, many years back I watched an interview with Lee Trevino and he was asked something like “is golf really an athletic sport?” “I’ve played in lots of Pro-Ams, and quite a few with professional athletes. It’s amazing but most of them were dragging mid way through the back nine.” (Rough recollection.) Depending on the course, 18 holes of walking can be 7 miles, and around here it usually involves hills. So no, it’s not a marathon or sprint, but it takes some energy.

Echo Falls #18: Three years ago playing with the “usual suspects”, I missed the green to the left. Mark and I are best friends but very competitive, and I’m sure he was thinking he had me. My ball was in the water but only 3” or so deep. I splashed it out to within a foot and crushed him ;-). Priceless as they say.

Last edited: