NFR Hoarding medication

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Due to local and world instability I'm looking to order a lifetime supply of a non narcotic prescription medication (Coumadin). This would be about 25k 5mg pills. I would pack in co2 purged and sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs in 6 month allotments then seal in food saver bags and freeze. Very little info on the net and I don't feel like getting laughed at by my Dr yet. Anyone attempted this?

Zak

Legend
Due to local and world instability I'm looking to order a lifetime supply of a non narcotic prescription medication (Coumadin). This would be about 25k 5mg pills. I would pack in co2 purged and sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs in 6 month allotments then seal in food saver bags and freeze. Very little info on the net and I don't feel like getting laughed at by my Dr yet. Anyone attempted this?
I have non narcotic meds that I have taken every day for many years and will take for the rest of my life. I have tried several times to get unlimited refills, to make my life easier. Nothing doing. The most I can get is a 90 day supply. I was told it has something to do with insurance companies wanting to force occasional visits to the doctor.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Coumadin is an "old standard" type med. I bet you could get it on the web (try searching for Warfarin) for cheap $$
True, I got it mixed up I thought warfarin was the name brand and Coumadin was generic. I know someone who gets prescriptions from Canada and they mail it direct from the plant in India. Still need a dr script.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I have non narcotic meds that I have taken every day for many years and will take for the rest of my life. I have tried several times to get unlimited refills, to make my life easier. Nothing doing. The most I can get is a 90 day supply. I was told it has something to do with insurance companies wanting to force occasional visits to the doctor.
Sounds about right, I got my pharmacist to say she could write me up to a year's worth at a time.

Reactions: Zak

Emily27

Steelhead

I have heard that you can get reliable medication from this website without a prescription necessary, although I have not personally used it.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Why freeze? With what you've outlined for storage prep, refrigeration would work just fine .
(Had to go back and look up the med to realize which form its in)

Status
Not open for further replies.