NFR Hoarding medication

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Due to local and world instability I'm looking to order a lifetime supply of a non narcotic prescription medication (Coumadin). This would be about 25k 5mg pills. I would pack in co2 purged and sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs in 6 month allotments then seal in food saver bags and freeze. Very little info on the net and I don't feel like getting laughed at by my Dr yet. Anyone attempted this?

Zak

Legend
Forum Supporter
Due to local and world instability I'm looking to order a lifetime supply of a non narcotic prescription medication (Coumadin). This would be about 25k 5mg pills. I would pack in co2 purged and sealed mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs in 6 month allotments then seal in food saver bags and freeze. Very little info on the net and I don't feel like getting laughed at by my Dr yet. Anyone attempted this?
I have non narcotic meds that I have taken every day for many years and will take for the rest of my life. I have tried several times to get unlimited refills, to make my life easier. Nothing doing. The most I can get is a 90 day supply. I was told it has something to do with insurance companies wanting to force occasional visits to the doctor.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Coumadin is an "old standard" type med. I bet you could get it on the web (try searching for Warfarin) for cheap $$
True, I got it mixed up I thought warfarin was the name brand and Coumadin was generic. I know someone who gets prescriptions from Canada and they mail it direct from the plant in India. Still need a dr script.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I have non narcotic meds that I have taken every day for many years and will take for the rest of my life. I have tried several times to get unlimited refills, to make my life easier. Nothing doing. The most I can get is a 90 day supply. I was told it has something to do with insurance companies wanting to force occasional visits to the doctor.
Sounds about right, I got my pharmacist to say she could write me up to a year's worth at a time.

Reactions: Zak

Emily27

Steelhead

I have heard that you can get reliable medication from this website without a prescription necessary, although I have not personally used it.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Why freeze? With what you've outlined for storage prep, refrigeration would work just fine .
(Had to go back and look up the med to realize which form its in)

Status
Not open for further replies.