Harriet Lake road access

JB20

Smolt
I’ve heard some rumors that at least the Ripplebrook Road route might reopen sometime this year. The sooner the better. It’s been such a warm winter, we could probably be fishing it right now under normal circumstances. The 57 route isn’t terrible, usually takes me a little under two hours from southeast PDX, and this year I was able to get in as late as December. But man, I miss being able to fish there early in the season.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
One note: never trust @ColinShots’ judgement on snow drift depth in that zone in the spring.

JB20

Smolt
The short route to Harriet is back open. Not 57, but the gravel road next to the Ripplebrook store. Watched two bankies (adult men) get into a fist fight that ended in gunshots. I’m sure this display and the opening of the Estacada route are totally coincidental…

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
The back door from the south, the 46 road, aka Breitenbush highway, will be closed for 4 2-hour blocks each weekday from May 15th into August for flood and fire repairs.
I was up there with Frankie my Aussie to play in the snow last week and found this.

IMG_1517.jpeg

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
The crazy part of it was, “they were headed to Breitenbush for a search and rescue class”. They were told that the road was open. They were determined to get there so I handed them my shovel and told them I would try to make fresh tracks for them to drive through. And see what the road looks like ahead.

This is what I found. And then I winched them out.

IMG_1514.jpeg
Sometimes people just shock the hell out of me. But as the times go by, it’s getting less and less

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
The short route to Harriet is back open. Not 57, but the gravel road next to the Ripplebrook store. Watched two bankies (adult men) get into a fist fight that ended in gunshots. I’m sure this display and the opening of the Estacada route are totally coincidental…
That kinda tracks

JB20

Smolt
I have to apologize for the lousy info, but apparently the short route to Harriet is not officially open. Some dingus clipped the lock and opened the gate but the area is still closed and hazardous. Long way around it is, for now. Sorry!!