Gravel lot STATUS... Just sharing in advance

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
I could see bottom when my depth finder was reading 10 ft. And that was with no sunlight as it rained all day. Visibility is good enough for fish to find size 14 and 16 flies. Plus the water temp was around 50 degrees so way past turnover. Lots of fish are being caught there, it won't be a drive for naught.

tombraider

LG
Forum Supporter
As of 4/8 the parking lot is still used by Highway fixing folks.

Wind was looking mild, so I loaded up and went. Sunrise was sweet, Before Rye Grass rest stop West bound, someone hit an Elk, bad for both. The herd was on the East side next to the highway hauling @$$. Glad I wasn't in the middle of that mess.

Fly in the water by 08:00, fish in a few minutes deep. I planned on ONLY deep fishing to figure the place out more. Big head shakes and did not want to come up but out came the small #16 hook. No problem, a hatch was coming off, big Cronie's and feeding was happening.

I worked my way out into the middle and worked it to the left and that was my playground for the day. Many nice fish, some are just nicer :giggle: After many fish I looked towards shore and seen an Otter that was dam near 4 ft long, Freaked me out a bit. It swam around looking? Then was gone?

Top Gun boy's made a showing, that is Bad @$$ if you haven't seen them do their thing over the hill. My 2nd time in 3 years. After many fish I wasn't hooking up? Took a look, well Flip, my hook was broke off. Last fish inhaled it so had to dig it out. I hate that. Pacific didn't have the hook removal tool I've been looking for but Worley - Bugger Fly shop did. Steve has about everything you need, cool Guy. Spent some time B.S.ing in there.

So it was my 3rd time fishing this place, had a blast and most of the day was all me on the lake. One of the fish I took a pic of, about dropped my phone and said no more pics.

I made my way across to the islands I guess, I seen fish, HUGE fish working the reeds, crazy. 20 yrs to late fishing the place.

And the power bait color on shore this week was Red.

Attachments

• Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Hook tool.jpg
    Hook tool.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Hookless.jpg
    Hookless.jpg