Gilligan Swap - Flies are out. Swap is closed.

I just got the first set of flies in from cedarslug in todays mail. For his first swap he certainly knows how to start a swap on the right foot! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the flies in this swap.

Kim

Just got an envelope that looks JUST LIKE tictoc's picture! Nice Finn's and a great add to this swap! Three more to go (Jake, I'm talking swappers flies and HOPEFULLY not more tries on your part!). With this fine start, I look forward to seeing all your flies!

Kim

There is one set of flies outstanding and if I do not hear back from that swapper by Saturday I'll have to close the swap at 5. In cases like that you have 2 options of what to do with the extra fly 1) I can return it to you with the rest of your swap set, or, 2) leave it with me - I have a donation box where I send out these flies to not-for-profit organizations (such as Casting for the Cure) to support their programs. I tie one fly for every one that you donate to double the benefit. Let me know your choice by Monday and thank you.

Kim

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
You keep my extra if it comes to that....I mean, you've gotta deal with all us yahoos.

I'm a fellow yahoo myself, so I'm used to that! And thanks for your donation. Last year I sent 500 flies out to Casting for the Cure -250 swap and 250 my own ties. This year I am going to concentrate on their Stage 4 programs - they have about a dozen or so across the country.

Kim

I host swaps on 4 different sites each year.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Keep my extra, along with the original marabou minnows if they ever show.

You’re running the swap, you deserve it.

The 6th set IS in the mail, I guess the USPS ponies got lame!! Just a bit more time and I'll get the full set out to you all and thanks for your patience.

Kim

I received the 6th and final set of flies in today's mail. I will get the flies divided and in the mail to you and send you your USPS tracking numbers by NO LATER than Monday's mail. Great job everybody and thank you all for your patience!
--------------------------
A heads up on my next swap - in honor of the holidays it will be my Turkey Power Swap - patterns that incorporate marabou in their design! This is in honor of Lacey Gee, founder of the Waspi Fly Company and the person who found that turkey "marabou" was a great substitute for marabou from the marabou stork. Could you see marabou being as expensive as jungle cock eyes! The marabou stork was becoming harder to get and if not for Mr. Gee... This will be on the books in a week or so and flies will be due in January so 1) I don't get blamed for taking you away from your families with the upcoming holiday season, and 2) to give those poor USPS ponies a break! Keep your eyes out!

Kim

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
oh yeah, flies came in a couple of days ago....totally forgot to post! They all look great!

cedarslug

Steelhead
Hi Kim,

Yes received the flies earlier this week! USPS came right on time. Appreciate you organizing the swap, the additional pattern instructions, and the extra goodies! Everyone that participated had great ties, thanks folks!