Gilligan Swap - Flies are out. Swap is closed.

"If not for the courage of the fearless crew the Minnow would be lost, the Minnow would be lost!" - The Ballad of Gilligan's Isle

Well I'm FINALLY BACK! Heading in to the doctor to get my new prescription for glasses after the eye surgeries. Had a bit of a complication that delayed my return (has anyone ever heard of a cold sore on the eye!) but I'm now ready to hit the road and start hosting swaps again.

If you have a head of grey or thin hair, you'll make the connection on this theme - minnow (&baitfish) patterns. If you are too young to make the connection Google Gilligan's Island.

NEW CHANGE: Registration has been extended and will close Monday, September 18th or when we reach 12 registrants. The flies will be due by Wednesday, October 4th.

As with all my swaps this swap is open to ALL level tyers and newer tyers are MOST WELCOME! If you fall into this category OR are new to swaps, please let me know as I can provide additional assistance to to make your swap tying experience a great one!

The checklist of what you need to send me: - your flies WITH toe tags (including your screen name and name of pattern), - your fly swap box (again with your screen name on it - getting 5 Altoids boxes without names can be CHALLENGING!), a SASE (so I can send you your set of flies back), and your sending envelope. I do accept money or check to cover return postage -if you don't have enough postage stamps.

Lastly - HAVE FUN!!

NOTE: Sorry for the slightly new handle but I was shut out of my old E-mail and could not remember my password for here. It's the computer equivalent of losing your wallet!

1 - Long-Rod-Silvers
2 - TicTocCrock - received
3 - Jake Watrous
4 - clarkman - received
5 - cedarslug - received
6 -
7 -
8 -

Last edited:

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I'm in! Originally passed on it because I'm not big into baitfish flies but I guess I should expand my horizons.

*fly tying does slow down around here in the summer, there's a lot going on and people getting outdoors.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I’ll bite.

Salmon fishing is dawn->limit right now, which leaves the afternoons and evenings open for tying.

Thanks for the PT knot tool also :D
Bought those MANY years ago - got 50 for ~ $20. They are knitting machine needles. The Featherbender, in his video cut his down to just the working end. A couple tying/swap buddies of mine kept it full and basically attached a 2X2 2X4 to their bench with an off-set whole in it to hold the full tool. Do what you wish with it. This is a gift I share with all my first swappers on a new site - sort of a present for taking a chance on this old, ugly host who ties inspired by his looks! :p

Kim

NEW UPDATE ON THIS SWAP

Registration will close Monday, September 18th or when we reach 12 registrants. The flies will be due by Wednesday, October 4th.

I hope this extension works better for everyone.

Kim

You'll see changes in many older patterns. Some are due to the fact that someone has an idea for a better mouse trap... er...fly pattern - look at the PT Nymph!. Some changes are made due to a material substitution since every tyer does NOT have every material ever found. Some changes are due to the material no longer available (think Yellowhammer.). Some are NOT changes but different flies with the same name - do you know how many different Pass Lakes are in North America and each has at least 1 fly in it's name, same if you say that you are tying a Chile(i) Pepper! And some changes are due to newer fly tying material substitutions!

The older and more popular the pattern, the more someone wants to change it!

Kim