Garmin Striker Questions

Robert Engleheart

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thinking of upgrading to a Garmin Striker and have some questions that I hope can be answered here:

How do you mount these on a pontoon? I use a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise, notice some here use them on tubes, haven’t been able to see details on Garmin manuals but assume there is some way to mount them where one can see and operate the screen.

Do the transducers work well on the trolling motor mount? In my case a Minnkota 30.

Batteries? What’s the standard setup? I see some recommend the Nocqua battery pack, is there an alternative? What are some options?

BassPro has the Striker 4 on sale beginning March 7- 27 for $99.

Last edited:

Divad

Whitefish
I mount mine with one of these for my Outcast, I purchased the version off Alibaba for $29. Its heavy, though I like the Scotty mount integration ease and it does the transducer and unit in one package. When I am on a packable float tube I use basically what Josh linked, but whipped it up w/ extra nylon webbing and plastic stock I had around. To be fair I could use this for my Outcast float tube too, but I like the height of the other mount to get the screen up higher.

In the little SportCat I use it mounted on the Minnkota w/o any issues using the motor mount, and finder mounts on a base in the back.

I am a Nocqua user for all of those setups.

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I’m in the process of converting to a striker for my tube. I looked at the Scotty mount but ended up going with the kit from fishfindermounts dot com. They sell you the base for mounting the unit and a transducer mount that can be oriented to keep the transducer out of the way when launching. I don’t have it fully assembled yet but you can see it. The ‘ducer mount threads on strap.

Attachments

• IMG_9264.jpeg
    IMG_9264.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 11

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm fairly sure that most guys use something like the scotty float tube mount
This is the strap-on mount for the Garmin Striker from FishFinderMounts that is very similar to Scotty float tube mount. I'm not sure there is much to choose from between the two. You still have to remember to move the transducer when landing!

Nocqua package is slick but kind of pricy in Canada. I opted for TackLife T6 jumpstart style battery that I keep in one of my cargo bags.

I use my Striker 4 with an Outcast Fish Cat Scout.
20220628c.jpg20220628d.jpg4a1.JPG

Last edited:

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
We covered this a bit in this thread- https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/depth-finder-for-lakes.7067/post-170503

I use the Scotty kit from Amazon when in my Commander- Just search

Scotty #268 Float Tube Fish Finder and Transducer Mount , Black​

A nice clean install for your pontoon would be a glued on Scotty mount to one of your pontoons. The Garmin mount will mount to that.
And then you only have to use the strap for the transducer. That's what I do on my Striker raft. It's up high enough, but not in the way.
20240210_115000 (1).jpg

Good luck!

Triggw

Steelhead
On my pontoon boat, I use the trolling motor mount for the transducer, and it works fine. I figure it's starting out a foot deep, so I add that to the reported depth. I run the unit off the trolling motor battery. That also works well and saves having to carry another battery -- unless I decide not to use the trolling motor. Then I'm screwed. I just rest the head unit in the cargo bag on the right pontoon. That works less well, but with oars, two rod holders, etc., real estate on the boat is at a premium. I like the idea of the fish finder mount mentioned above. I may look into that to see if I've got room for it.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thinking of upgrading to a Garmin Striker and have some questions that I hope can be answered here:

How do you mount these on a pontoon? I use a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise, notice some here use them on tubes, haven’t been able to see details on Garmin manuals but assume there is some way to mount them where one can see and operate the screen.

Do the transducers work well on the trolling motor mount? In my case a Minnkota 30.

Batteries? What’s the standard setup? I see some recommend the Nocqua battery pack, is there an alternative? What are some options?

BassPro has the Striker 4 on sale beginning March 7- 27 for $199.
What's the deal on Stryker 4's being $200? Don't they usually sell for around $115-$125? Sounds like they are being sold by an insurance company!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
The only $200 Striker I'm seeing anywhere are the packages... 🤷‍♂️

Bottom line though, @Robert Engleheart , you can't go wrong with it. I use Scotty mounts to mount mine on my Stealth Pro.

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sent this out before, but a creative way to have your Striker set up for multiple craft, float tube, framed pontoon, frameless pontoon, pram, or boat.
Car caddy (AutoZone) with a strap to go around any tube, with a Scotty small track mounted to middle. Can add a 241 block for other accessories too. Scotty kayak small track gear head with Striker mounted to top. Battery in side pocket; I use car starter type, weighs 7 OZ. Caddy gives you lots of other usable space, cup holder, I even included cigar tray.

tube mount.jpg