Forewarned - diesel shortage coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
I think there is a future without fossil fuels bur it's not reality now and until then we need cheap energy for transportation. Making energy prices high to force the change that we don't have the technology or the infrastructure to support is a horrible idea with real consequences for most people.
Top three issues for Americans according to recent polling
1. The economy
2. Crime
3 illegal immigration
Not listed in Amy particular order

Climate change you'll notice is not on the list..
Hopefully when the political tides swing this November they don’t completely f it all up, seems to be par for the course for both Elephants and Asses, I won’t hold my breath.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Hopefully when the political tides swing this November they don’t completely f it all up, seems to be par for the course for both Elephants and Asses, I won’t hold my breath.

Perhaps if they spent a little more energy on doing what is good for the country and citizens who hired them rather than "owning" the other side........

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
In the end, communism defeats itself. It doesn't really need America for that. But one could say it's good for business. That may be the most American thing about it. I don't disagree that communism is bad. I just don't think it's necessary for America or anyone else to try to defeat it when it's possible to just watch it crumble from within.
If it were not for the fact that communists seem to always need to kill all the rich and educated people , and in general anyone who disagrees with them I'd agree with you 100%.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
... Like any totalitarian system ...

Agreed. Silencing dissenting non state authorized ideas and opinions are the hallmark of any totalitarian system as well. You don't have to kill anyone. All you need to do is discredit, censor, or otherwise silence them.

Shad

Life of the Party
I have only one question: What was the intended purpose of this thread?

Here's the thing: As long as we're dependent on fossil fuels, it's only going to become more expensive and less sustainable.

longputt

Steelhead

Here's the thing: As long as we're dependent on fossil fuels, it's only going to become more expensive and less sustainable.
Under the current government regulations this is true, because there is certainly enough oil in the ground for centuries of demand. As the prices go up even more and more reserves become viable. The last time I saw numbers (I thought were reliable) fracking in ND was $45/barrel and Saudi Arabia crude was $7/barrel for an equivalent processed fuel cost, meaning the two oil prices cannot be compared directly because they refine differently.

BTW, I appreciated the post because I had not heard about this issue and only drive diesel vehicles. After looking into this I don't think there is going to be a shortage in the NW but certainly a price impact.

Shad

Life of the Party
Under the current government regulations this is true, because there is certainly enough oil in the ground for centuries of demand. As the prices go up even more and more reserves become viable. The last time I saw numbers (I thought were reliable) fracking in ND was $45/barrel and Saudi Arabia crude was $7/barrel for an equivalent processed fuel cost, meaning the two oil prices cannot be compared directly because they refine differently.

BTW, I appreciated the post because I had not heard about this issue and only drive diesel vehicles. After looking into this I don't think there is going to be a shortage in the NW but certainly a price impact.
Agreed on the price impact, and a fair point.

Shad

Life of the Party
Looks to be a troll post..
(Double checking here...uh huh...yup...ok)
Yup, it's a troll post...
:)
Yeah, that's kind of where I was coming from, but I think we're all a bit hypersensitive to this stuff now, and having had a few minutes to think, I came to a decision that gas prices, while (for very questionable reasons) a political powderkeg, are undeniably related to at least most fishing, because they can be a factor in trip planning.

I see that nobody mentioned much about fishing in their replies:unsure:, but I guess I can see the merit from a fishing perspective.

MELinOre

Steelhead
My last fishing trip(earlier this month) using a diesel fueled pickup cost $185 in diesel. Last year the same trip used $85 for the same pickup.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

As the originator if this thread, it was just to share an item that I hadn't seen it read about and wanted people to be aware.

I am going to shut this down.

From now on I will just share the news things, without the comments about media.

Shad

Life of the Party
As the originator if this thread, it was just to share an item that I hadn't seen it read about and wanted people to be aware.

I am going to shut this down.

From now on I will just share the news things, without the comments about media.
Sorry for missing your point at first. I'll take a reminder to wait 10 minutes before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.