Fly Tying Expo; Albany, OR. March 8 & 9?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Who's gonna be there? I'll be whipping up some BIG bugs the first session on Friday and the last session on Saturday! Would love to swing by some other tables of members this year (didn't get a chance last year).

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Tyin’ the first two sessions on Friday…last two sessions on Saturday.
Will have to knock the rust off the ol’ fingers…(it’s been about four years since I whipped up any flies).

[Edited: corrected and added tying times.]

Last edited:

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
I’ll be there. It’s always a good time.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
I’d like to find some good hen capes for those basically almost but not quite 4” game changers I like to tie
yeah, I'll be after some of those rooster capes with relatively long, but thicker and nicely webbed. Two of the ones I got last year were nearly perfect in that regard with a nice combo of long and short, but thicker.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Luv me some expo! Looking forward to watching Randy do his magic.

A great event in many ways. I'll be there volunteering at the entry table, gabbing, back slapping, shopping, bidding and getting involved with various shenanigans.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am signed up for the last two sessions on Friday (table 15/56). Will be traveling over from Bozeman to tie up a few SW flats patterns this year. Had a great time last year. Fantastic Expo.

flybill

Life of the Party
Going to try and make it.. not sure I can because I start a new job and the contract ends on 3/17 at this point.. been wanting to go for a while now!!

Bongoman

Life of the Party
has anyone from the company carried on with the Nor-Vise booth since Norm died?
Yes, Last year Britt and Brian Davenport ran the booth and I was there with them all weekend. Don't know about this year. I think Britt and Brian will just be there tying this year.

Last edited:

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just finished up my donation to the NWEXPO Silent Auction:

Ten Dozen+ Saltwater Inshore Flats flies on 11’x17” boat patch. Ideal for Speckled Trout, Redfish, Snook, Ladyfish, Bluefish, Spanish Mackerel, Sheepshead and Mangrove Snapper. Hand tied in Bozeman, Montana on Umpqua, Gamakatsu, Tiemco, Core and Ahrex saltwater hooks. Included Deceivers, Clousers, Half and Half Clousers, Thunder Creek Minnows, Myakka Minnows, Surf Candy, Borski Sliders, Redfish Crack, Bendbacks, Schminnows, DT Specials, Disco Shrimp, Gurglers, Bonefish Biters, Finger Mullet, Pinfish, Gartside Soft Hackles, Crease Fiy, Kwan, Redfish Spoons, Shrimp, Shrimpadillo, Seaducers, etc.

PC220043.JPGPC220044.JPGPC220042.JPGPC220041.JPGPC220040.JPG