Fly Tiers in WA & OR, Be Advised

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
My flytying material hoarding disorder will finally payoff!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
While I'm no lawyer, 2A seems to define what "fur" means for this law. And the law isn't banning the sale of "fur" but rather "fur products" which are defined by section 2B.
Is tying a fly with fur considered a “fur product”…??
😉

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
The way I read it only deer, sheep and cow are allowed.. everything else with hair on it is illegal.
Also recognize that all of these issues are progressive in nature, I don't mean that as politically progressive, I just mean that this is the foot in the door to eliminate all animal products. Look at the goal, not the law.

RCF

Life of the Party
I do not see any problem here.

According to 2.b(ii) and 2.b(iii) we just need to buy whole hides. Section 3.2.(a) allows an individual to sell used fur. If I handle fur or check it out closely it is used fur. Also if I take a small chunk of fur from a hide it is used fur.

That way we comply and we will get enough fur so we will never run out.

Rob Allen

Life of the Party
I do not see any problem here.

According to 2.b(ii) and 2.b(iii) we just need to buy whole hides. Section 3.2.(a) allows an individual to sell used fur. If I handle fur or check it out closely it is used fur. Also if I take a small chunk of fur from a hide it is used fur.

That way we comply and we will get enough fur so we will never run out.
Shouldn't have to comply with it anyway. It's something government has no business regulating.

ABITNF

Steelhead
How much tax dollars from Oregon and Washington residents went into this one must wonder. This shows how little the bureaucracy is aware of what people expect. Laws must be drafted with a clear aim in mind. A bunch of feel good words scratched onto a document without consulting those it impacts only wastes time and money. The direction that a well written piece of legislation provides those affected, informs society about the kind of activity they must practice. As importantly it must clearly outline for the court how the law is to be applied when it describes the expectations of society. Bad law leaves it in the hands of lawyers to investigate the matter and the best argument wins. That is not always best for society. With good law, the majority of society will find ways to generate ways of compliance. With bad law, people will often seek ways of getting around compliance.

fatbillybob

Steelhead
Bad law leaves it in the hands of lawyers to investigate the matter and the best argument wins. That is not always best for society. With good law, the majority of society will find ways to generate ways of compliance. With bad law, people will often seek ways of getting around compliance.

Give me the US Constitution, that's all the law I need.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dang, was hoping this would pass.
They took away the fun of cannabis being illegal.
Was going to hit up the poor dealers who are jobless, and have them get into the fly fishing trade.
Hey bro, check out these new dubbing sacks. I got bucksins, hare faces, beaver pelts. Here hit this new goat hair, it's pure white.

Oh well