Fly Fishing Puget Sound

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm also intrigued by the peach colored jiggy ghost shrimp pattern you briefly showed being tied in the video... I looked on your website but didn't see it for sale. Is it a pattern you might share with us here or on the tying page? thanks!

NM - I think I found it on YT... :)

This is actually the fly! Steamboat Island Leech its my favorite hands down!

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
Nice video. I came across it Sunday afternoon before I even saw your post. Your beat up Lowe made me feel good, since I fish out of a beat up 14 Lund. It floats and doesn't let a lot of water in. I WILL NOT attempt to stand on the gunnels like you :D .

chrome/22

Low profile operator
Forum Supporter
Outstanding! You my man are a fish catching machine & Todd Moen has to be my favorite fishing related filmmaker. Look forward to your collaboration on future videos.

I'll have to talk Sam into a trip down to your fly shop, looks like an enjoyable way to spend the day.

c/22

He writes: "This fly will bounce over oyster shells and nets and shoot along the bottom like a shrimp, pulsing upwards with every strip!"

Those nets, man, fishing from a boat with a normal fly pattern it's almost like those areas are off limits as those oyster nets grab flies and don't ever give them up. A pattern that avoids that would be pretty sweet...
Using a top water pattern where shell fish nets are on the bottom will allow you to fish over these nets and not hook them. I have had excellent success fishing for sea-run cutthroat with top water patterns where bottom nets are present. Usually the nets are in water that is 6 to 8 feet in depth which sea-run cutthroat prefer.

Roger

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I WILL NOT attempt to stand on the gunnels like you :D .
Ha- That made me nervous watching… But I’m guessing a professional athlete half my age might have just a bit better balance than I do… 🤔