Fishing access - Grant County road closure/delays.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I just got this interesting bit of information from @Starman77 - so...... if you're planning to travel on SR17 between Soap lake and Coulee City on weekdays anytime during the next SEVEN months make sure you allow lots of sit and wait time.

"Part of SR 17 will look much different in mid-February as crews begin a seven-month Slope Stabilization project from mileposts 76-85, trimming and netting the hillside. This project will make travel from Soap Lake to Coulee City safer for everyone. Expect lane and highway closures, including four weekdays that will have a full highway closure. Those have not been scheduled yet. During the first phase, the road will be open for 15 minutes at the start of every hour starting at 8:15am through 5pm Monday through Friday. Please plan ahead and stay alert so you and the road workers can get home safely."

Here's a link to WSDOT's "description" of the work: https://wsdot.wa.gov/about/news/202...oap-lake-stretch-sr-17-scheduled-mid-february

Cliff

Steelhead
Thanks for the heads up, Buzzy. Luckily for me, I don't fish that route much, but I do use it to get to and from bird hunting locales. And bird season 9 months away.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I’m guessing I’ll just make sure to arrive before 8am. Maybe it’ll suck for everyone else and the fishing will be more better for those of us who brave it.
I might have to dust off the alarm clock. I guess since you fish with @RichS you do know ablut getting going early in the morning.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
There used to be one particular section on your right heading north that looked like it could come down on the road at any time. It was kind of separate from the rest of the rock wall, but it was there for years.
SF