SOLD Filson Hat - $9,999 (Half Off MSRP)

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Damn, I should have kept my tin cloth bibs and jacket I used to work in. The bibs were unbelievably waterproof, though I think it had more to do with the grease and hydraulic oil than the Filson wax. Today it sounds like my bibs would be considered to have a fine patina.
All BS aside, the finest winter steelhead hat was a Filson long billed wool cap. I do wish I would have kept them.

Similar to this?
SF

IMG_4730.jpeg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Looks like @Jim F. and I have the pieces to start our own spare room Filson museum. 😂
SF
What you don’t have, I probably do. I’ve been an occasional F guy for 50 years. How about a shortie FF jacket, whipcord cruiser, tin cloth cruiser, foulweather vest, several hats including that long billed job. When my 401k peters out I’ll undercut the op.

Jim F.

What you don’t have, I probably do. I’ve been an occasional F guy for 50 years. How about a shortie FF jacket, whipcord cruiser, tin cloth cruiser, foulweather vest, several hats including that long billed job. When my 401k peters out I’ll undercut the op.
You might be on to something . . . I can see it now:

GRIZZLERS, LLC

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I know guys like to bash Filson. Their prices are high (just maybe because it’s US made, at least everything I have) clothes are heavy and often too hot. My first piece was a green wool cruiser (1970) and I wore the piss out of it for a long time, maybe 20 years, until it was thread bare and I got too big. So I left it behind somewhere. Later I bought likely the last whipcord version (lighter and tougher) and a tin cloth one (that is too heavy usually).
I still like the company.

Last edited:

Jim F.

Good thing I sold my hat. Now I can afford a new sweater.
I'm lucky that I made my purchases way back in the day before one had to finance an article of apparel . . .

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have that sweater too. Sometime about 20 years back a moth picnicked on it. The repair is visible but adds character. It’s warmth when I need it on the big boat.

Last edited:

Flytyer

Smolt
I know what I got and what it's worth. Don't low ball me with half assed offers. This is an original Filson tin cloth hat. Retails for $20K (obvi because it's the highest quality hat in the history of hats). Probably was made in America, but not by americans.

Just picture yourself in this hat, in the rain and fog, paired with your Buffalo plaid Filson shirt, filming yourself exploring nature. Your drone footage starts as a wide panoramic and zooms in on you, looking outdoorsie, and you tip this cap and smile. It's instagram gold. Guaranteed perfect clips for your gram account. Your followers will know you're the real deal when they see you in this hat, which is priceless.

Once in a lifetime investment opportunity.

View attachment 81659

Might as well have the best! For only $9,999 (plus shipping and all applicable taxes and fees).

View attachment 81661
Are you Kidding me, Haha

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You guys joke. But personally I have great respect for what Filson does.
They are an "expectation setter" company.
If your middle class like me (aka can barely afford to fly fish lol), this is where Filson comes in.
You buy 1 sweater for 550 bucks. Or a flannel for 300 bucks. Leave that receipt where the wife can see it.

Later on, you buy a 300 dollar goretex jacket, or 250 dollar wading boot.
She complains. You mention how great a deal it is compared to that sweater.

She has no leg to stand on, and she'll obviously see the comparative value in what you just bought.

So thank you Filson for helping my marriage.
Ps- is Craigslist or plenty of fish where single folk meet up on nowadays??

Reactions: MGM