Favorite fish of 2022

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Didn't get to fish as much as I wanted to in 2022, but then who does? Memorable fish/moments from this year that will stick with me.

Another early spring in Central OR with my father.
View attachment 47391
View attachment 47392
View attachment 47393

Columbia Springer. Yummy for my tummy!

View attachment 47394

good fishing on a spring day with Rod.

View attachment 47395

Bang bang, a mess of rods, line and two in the net. BC bows for the smoker. Shit eating grins = priceless!

View attachment 47403

BC quad hookup.

View attachment 47404

Ira guiding us into a PS Coho double. Mine was smaller :sneaky:

View attachment 47405

Local hatchery steel for the BBQ. Fine fall day and didn't come across another fisherman.

View attachment 47407

Fatty Wahoo off the big island. Man that fish was fantastic table fair.

View attachment 47409

Thank you all for sharing your experiences of 2022! Hey, you just might have time for one more :cool:

Happy New Year!
It’s called ono for a reason…one of my favorite eats…

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
These two fish, taken about 30-40 minutes apart on a snotty June day, are indelibly burned into my memory. We'll find out this coming May if our string of 2022 luck in this fishery was merely a chance happening...
View attachment 47444
View attachment 47445
Peace, y'all. Here's to a good 2023.
if it appears to be repeatable, can I come play?

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Favorites are tough to parse. Theres this one, my first of the year on the Skagit.
Screenshot_20221229-170902_Gallery.jpg

Then this one, a shit pic of a hog bull caught on a deer hair bass popper. Love stupid shit working out.

Screenshot_20221229-170659_Gallery.jpg
Then there was my first run at tropical fish, including my first bone, a slab of a surgeonfish and pretty girls with pretty fish.
Screenshot_20221229-170450_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221229-170356_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221229-170412_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221229-170529_Gallery.jpg

And finally this booty coho, the reason being it used its final rage against the dying of the light to chase my shitty fly halfway across a crystal clear run before becoming the first salmon I've caught on my own fly. And he did it on my birthday. Shout out to you bud.

Screenshot_20221229-170200_Gallery.jpg

Deansie

Steelhead
No pics and really not specific fish but all revolve around the kiddo.

1) Smith River float in late April, posted a TR but water was extremely low and day #1 was a lot of me dragging the raft which resulted in a lot of frustration and few fish. Got to camp, got settled and watched a good friend teach my son a few tips on nymphing. He managed to pull 6-8 fish out of the hole in front of our camp in ~30 mins. All the better because his two grandfathers were sitting there watching and you couldn’t wipe the smiles off their faces.
2) Same kid pulling a 20” bow out of a very small river in Northern WI.
3) Float in Northern MN with the same kid pulling in >40 smallmouth out of unnamed river in an afternoon.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Favorites are tough to parse. Theres this one, my first of the year on the Skagit.
View attachment 47459

Then this one, a shit pic of a hog bull caught on a deer hair bass popper. Love stupid shit working out.

View attachment 47461
Then there was my first run at tropical fish, including my first bone, a slab of a surgeonfish and pretty girls with pretty fish.
View attachment 47462View attachment 47463View attachment 47464View attachment 47465

And finally this booty coho, the reason being it used its final rage against the dying of the light to chase my shitty fly halfway across a crystal clear run before becoming the first salmon I've caught on my own fly. And he did it on my birthday. Shout out to you bud.

View attachment 47466
Palani fight very well...