Electric Camp Trailer

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
This popped up in one of my feeds. Supposedly from some ex EV vehicle employees.
Interesting concept.
SF

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
7500 lbs. That's a deal breaker before I even look at the price.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Honest question: how do PV panels hold up in the snow? Seeing all those PV panels on the roof, thinking about the friends I know who take trailers up to Stevens or Crystal for the weekend to ski. Maybe no big deal, but appears like it's not really a 4 season trailer if the snow on the PV renders the PV unusable.

RCF

Life of the Party
Couple of quick thoughts:
Better like your neighbors a lot
Where do I store anything including food and flyrods?

smc

Guppy Chow
7500 lbs. That's a deal breaker before I even look at the price.
“An electric drive motor and aerodynamic vehicle body combine for weightless, low-drag towing. Our design enables near-zero range loss to your EV, or better mileage for your gas vehicle. Go further than you thought possible.”

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Interesting read, for sure, especially the bit about the trailer assisting with propulsion to help maximize "mileage" of the EV tow rig. I can @Matt Paluch towing this with his EV pickup. ;-)

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How much gear will I have to sell to afford
one of these? Read thru it but kinda briefly… didn’t see a price tag or missed it.
I would enjoy the spa but I think I easily exceed the size limit to fully enjoy it but I do like the big window in this refresh room 😉

RCF

Life of the Party
How much gear will I have to sell to afford
one of these? Read thru it but kinda briefly… didn’t see a price tag or missed it.
I would enjoy the spa but I think I easily exceed the size limit to fully enjoy it but I do like the big window in this refresh room 😉

Click the 'Reserve' button to see the price. Only $125,000 for the base model...

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Honest question: how do PV panels hold up in the snow? Seeing all those PV panels on the roof, thinking about the friends I know who take trailers up to Stevens or Crystal for the weekend to ski. Maybe no big deal, but appears like it's not really a 4 season trailer if the snow on the PV renders the PV unusable.

No idea.
Maybe we can all pitch in and buy @Shawn Seeger one and see how it does against the Seeger Effect while parked at a certain eastern WA lake for a month….. 😂
SF

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
WTF? Seriously, that looks like an escape pod from ET's spaceship. :alien: I must be outta touch, but that has no appeal for me (even before I saw the weight or price tag).

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
The geek in me is really interested in this technology. the drive wheels on the trailer have to sync with the tow vehicle to match the speed. Airstream has been working on this concept as well.

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No idea.
Maybe we can all pitch in and buy @Shawn Seeger one and see how it does against the Seeger Effect while parked at a certain eastern WA lake for a month….. 😂
SF
I am willing to test just about anything. So, just a point of reference, I belive we are YEARS away from efficient/clean power storage. That being said... I believe we all can do better about efficiency, power, water, trash, etc.

I have a 2 6 volt batteries, 1 120 watt permanent mount (roof) solar panel, 1 120 watt portable panel. The trailer system is Zamp brand (always review for latest tech and best rated). Understanding that the 2 biggest consumers of power in a trailer are water pump and heater fan. I use a portable propane heater, I only shower on full charge/sunny days.

When you "boondock" dry camp you learn to minimize (so I can't bring more fishing gear haha)!

Another thing I challenge rv dealers/manufacturers... spend more than a weekend or week in a primitive camping situation THEN dressing a trailer! (Like finding out that the light in newer - 2019 - refrigerators NEVER turn off... I unplugged mine)

And lastly, the issue for this of us that do boondocks camp isn't so much the trailer it is, "How am I going to charge my tow vehicle in a gravel parking lot after several weeks?"

I will test this if they need a tester!

I love rear and a lot of windows
received_562871979160128.jpegreceived_600347372150849.jpeg

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Thank you! Just recovering from covid and really needed a good laugh!

I don't think there's a more ridiculous bit of marketing prose than Motortrend's "....brings startup culture to the great outdoors". Yes, the two go together as naturally as "massive farts on a first date".

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Thank you! Just recovering from covid and really needed a good laugh!

I don't think there's a more ridiculous bit of marketing prose than Motortrend's "....brings startup culture to the great outdoors". Yes, the two go together as naturally as "massive farts on a first date".

Some additional Motortrend material for you. 😉
SF