SFR Depletion of Groundwater is more serious than we thought!

Sorta fishing-related

Flymph

Steelhead
Unfortunately lead pipes are still an alarming issue! Across the country, lead pipes are still carrying water into millions of homes, more than 30 years after they were banned. They're tucked underground, out of sight and, for most Americans, out of mind, relics of an earlier time. But these aging conduits are still a risk for tens of millions of people.

JudyM

Steelhead
Live in an old structure probably built in the late or mid 60's. Filtering all water that is used in drinking or cooking with a superfilter Britta.

Uptonogood

PNW raised
This issue was a point of discussion many years ago in an ecology class during the oil embargo in the ‘70’s. Global warming (ozone depletion) increasing oil usage, religious wars and Vietnam were points of focus in the developed countries. And still are.

My image is human population has passed the natural carrying capacity for the species. Our brain power artificially expands lifespan through genetic manipulation of wheat, rice, soybeans, etc thereby increasing yields. Increased acres under tillage requires more what. Incredible surgical technics expanded lifespans. Then expanded acquisition and utilization of fertilizers, very effective herbicides, pesticides and fungicides increased food production. The discovery of antibiotics and anti virals improved human lifespans plus infant survivals. Result. Dramatic increase in numbers of humans. Throw in swimming pools and golf courses and there goes your aquifer. Global warming will also greatly reduce or eliminate snowpack which is vital for much of the Wests irrigation.

The answer is a dramatic reduction of human population worldwide. This won’t happen until our first nuclear world war. Crowding increases stress, produces anger evolving to rage. There it is.

Last edited:

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
and those funnels capture all the industrial pollutants and carry them into creeks, river, lakes and the ocean, including 6 million tons of rubber and plastics from tire wear alone each year.
We've pretty much screwed the pooch...
and didn’t kiss it…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
As i worked on this stuff for years, the title of this post is wrong. Lots of us knew, and lots of us told ya. We told ya water was declining, we told ya that decline would destroy streamflow and increase stream temperatures. We told you pouring chemicals into your drinking water was a bad idea. My bosses told ya, and their bosses told ya. But the lure of cheap french fries and tomatoes in January is just too strong. Nobody wants to pay to handle chemicals properly, no irrigator is willing to stop irrigating an acre, everyone is baffled when the streams go dry. As for this article, folks will pay attention until Friday, and then move on.
Ouch…

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
There’s days I’m glad I’m as old as I am, problem is there’s too many these days…