Damaged my spring creek pram/repair help needed

Was just up at Georgetown lake and sadly damaged my Spring Creek pram... I think it's salvageable and can be repaired but that's beyond my level of skill and expertise to do such work myself... attached a few photos of the damage. If anyone here can do such repair work or can put me in touch with someone who does I'd greatly appreciate it..View attachment 71695View attachment 71696View attachment 71697View attachment 71698

You're getting great advice. If you need more, consider having this topic moved to the Watercraft forum.

Make sure both gunnels are totally replaced, stern to bow. I've had a couple of boats damaged like this, and just replacing a short section of gunnel isn't strong enough to really keep the sides strong. Gunnels are subject to a lot of forces.
Second what otter said. I'm just looking from my phone, after zooming in I see the fiberglass damage. My gunnel pieces were weather damaged and I was surprised how much the sides flexed without the wood gunners intact.

Otter

Steelhead
Scottcat, your excellent top view shows why the sides flex; there's no middle seat to brace the gunnels. That makes it all the more important that damaged gunnels be totally replaced. Nice boat!

Thanks here's a more finished photo. Also I wanted to mention that I used 3/4 inch x 1 3/8 oak. Then caulked over the exposed fiberglass in the middle. The original wood appeared to be possibly ash but was a full 1 inch thick almost square. I think I may have gained some strength going with the taller oak and happened to have some in my garage.

Attachments

• 20230517_204514.jpg
    20230517_204514.jpg
    756.4 KB · Views: 45

jerry

Steelhead
I would not use MarineTex. That is just a filler without much added strength. I would grind away most of any lose fiberglass and lay up a layer of fiberglass cloth on both inside and the outside, fair it in. I would use epoxy resin rather than polyester, It bonds better in repair situations. Machining/matching the wood will probably be the hardest part of the repair. If you are close to Silverdale WA we could talk. Depending on how fussy you are matching the paint finish will be difficult.

Essayons

Freshly Spawned
Was just up at Georgetown lake and sadly damaged my Spring Creek pram... I think it's salvageable and can be repaired but that's beyond my level of skill and expertise to do such work myself... attached a few photos of the damage. If anyone here can do such repair work or can put me in touch with someone who does I'd greatly appreciate it..View attachment 71695View attachment 71696View attachment 71697View attachment 71698
Reach out to Jim Wheeler at Spring Creek. No one knows the boats better. He's a great guy, and his repair prices are very reasonable. The only hassle Is getting a boat back to him, but his shop is in a beautiful part of Washington with good fishing.