Countdown!!! ... Atmospheric River’ Begins to Pound Western U.S. With Rain and Snow

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
How do you guys keep the pipes from freezing?
Is having the furnace running enough to keep the pipes/water tank from freezing up?
My trailer is winterized. I thought I needed to have it winterized until the temps got above freezing for the season.
Our buggy has tank heaters, though I still would not trust to have water in the pipes in that kind of cold - we keep ours winterized and if must use the toilet, use antifreeze to flush.

cheers

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
How do you guys keep the pipes from freezing?
Is having the furnace running enough to keep the pipes/water tank from freezing up?
My trailer is winterized. I thought I needed to have it winterized until the temps got above freezing for the season.
In my trailer I keep the tanks and pipes empty for early spring and late fall trips. I haul my water in containers that are kept inside.

Islander

Life of the Party
I have been there in the past when it snowed and I was in my cot tent. I was the only one that was in the camping area. Not fun.

Go get em Shawn!
The first year I did the Lenice opener I was in my tent. Had to keep my water and beer in a cooler to keep it from freezing. I think it was just myself, @Scott Salzer and one other guy in the tent area. It was cold at night but the fishing was fabulous! That was back when Larry would set up his “encampment“ inside the gate, complete with carpet, wood stove and furniture!

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Back when opening day of deer or fishing season was a really big thing people set up luxurious and comfortable stove heated wall tents all over the place. A time when truck campers were just beginning to be marketed for the far more affluent.

dep

Steelhead
I remember when Scott was under snow in the parking lot also. I caught a big brown that day on a hares ear. It was snowing good and I was the only one on the lake. I remember Scott climbing out of a snow drift, aka his tent. it was literally on the ground. pretty sure we had some crown to celebrate.
the good old days for sure