Corn Dogs

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Onions for sure...cheddar is beddar.
Fry that pastrami till it is good and hot, just starting to crisp at the edges, but no more...
Total gut bomb...
:)

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I never eat corn dogs, and
1665521252461.png

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
During the pandmeic I bought two boxes of corn dogs for "bunker food" incase things got even crazier. I need to wait for the burn ban to lift to send them on their way so no poor innocent animal gets ahold of them. Fresh dipped ones are a different matter.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I had lunchb a couple weeks ago in Fremont (Brouwer's Cafe) and they served fries with curry ketchup. It was a good combo.
Haven't been to Brouwers in years.. is the food still good ? Annnnnd, that reminds me, I need to get my kid to the chocolate shop across the street

Reactions: Zak

RCF

Life of the Party
Corn Dogs are like a bad joke. Just out and out bad.

After living in the South during a part of grade/middle school years having corn bread every single day at school - totally burned out on it.

Then getting an almost tasteless piece of meat then deep fried with corn bread coating, the meat becomes flaccid surrounded by grease. No amount of condiments will bring that puppy back to edible...

c2peak

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Mustard only on corn dogs. Don’t know why but I like mustard and ketchup on a regular dog.

Guy Gregory

Semi-retired
Forum Supporter
Oh, and yeah, Mustard. Relish doesn't stick to the corn outside, duh. Ketchup too sweet. Pico de gallo is really good on hot dogs, sorta like a Chicago dog in miniature.

Will someone recommend the best corndog by highway around here? I like the ones in Cle Elum at the quickie mart just by the westbound on-ramp to I-90.

I had a couple at Shree's in George...tasty, but room for improvment.

I haven't had one on I-84 or other Yak stop, because it's always Hernandez Tamales for me on that road.

The quickie mart on the south end of Republic has pretty decent road food, haven't had the corn dogs. Yet.

Have you recommendations for 2Walla, Lewiston, western Montana? There's a place in Butte which has particularly unidentifiable road food wrapped in foil. Your stomach will stop hurting by Bozeman.

klq@stl

Steelhead
Oh, and yeah, Mustard. Relish doesn't stick to the corn outside, duh. Ketchup too sweet. Pico de gallo is really good on hot dogs, sorta like a Chicago dog in miniature.

Will someone recommend the best corndog by highway around here? I like the ones in Cle Elum at the quickie mart just by the westbound on-ramp to I-90.

I had a couple at Shree's in George...tasty, but room for improvment.

I haven't had one on I-84 or other Yak stop, because it's always Hernandez Tamales for me on that road.

The quickie mart on the south end of Republic has pretty decent road food, haven't had the corn dogs. Yet.

Have you recommendations for 2Walla, Lewiston, western Montana? There's a place in Butte which has particularly unidentifiable road food wrapped in foil. Your stomach will stop hurting by Bozeman.
Here is one for Seattle:
Highway 2 Stevens Pass, Leavenworth: (while not a corn dog, still worth a stop)

Last edited:

Russell

Steelhead
I love a good corn dog once and a while, must eat fair food, and it is something that you air fryer guys might be able to convince me comes out great in an air fryer.

Yellow mustard only....

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
So, anyone besides me use mustard on deep fried gas station beef and bean burritos ?

I stop at the Hungry Whale a lot on the way back from Westport, usually grab 2 and a packet of yellow mustard for each.. get some stares, because people are conditioned to use hot sauce , gauc, or salsa on them.

Reactions: Zak

Zak

Legend
So, anyone besides me use mustard on deep fried gas station beef and bean burritos ?

I stop at the Hungry Whale a lot on the way back from Westport, usually grab 2 and a packet of yellow mustard for each.. get some stares, because people are conditioned to use hot sauce , gauc, or salsa on them.
That's just weird, man. I would be dunking those in a small tub of sour cream.