Corn Dogs

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
So...one day I'm fishing the Stilly with my 6'-11" friend. We're at the Whitehorse store to get some lunch when he asks the guy behind the counter how many corn dogs are left.
"Looks like about eleven. How many you want?"
"All of 'em."

Mustard.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Same here- mustard only.

But has anyone done the corn dog challenge? I’m too old for it now but it’s eating 10 corn dogs, 10 PBRs and 100 tater tots all in one day, usually on the first day of the March Madness tourney.

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
No corn dogs until I can find one without a chicken dog in it. When I do, mustard and ketchup, or just mustard.

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Mustard only.

There used to be (still is?) a hand-dipped corndog stand at Snoqualmie Pass. It was a ritual for us to stop there after snowboarding at Alpental. The number of corndogs eaten apres was directly proportional to the epicness of the snow in the slackcountry since when it was good there was no breaking for snacks or lunch, i.e "powder was awesome, a 3 corndog day".

BriGuy

Life of the Party
I had lunchb a couple weeks ago in Fremont (Brouwer's Cafe) and they served fries with curry ketchup. It was a good combo.
We used to eat bratwurst with curry ketchup in Germany. Quite good, and I bet curry ketchup would go very well on a corn dog. That's my vote, but I'd rather have the bratwurst. And a pilsner.

Cliff

Steelhead
I'm a mustard freak, all kinds of mustards, verging into the various types of horseradish, but for a corn dog it HAS to be plain yellow mustard. Now here's something I didn't know; the deli worker at QFC told me that virtually every corn dog you buy is made with turkey hot dogs. Does anyone know if this is true?

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Not a general hot dog fan, but corn dogs have a sentimental element for me.
As a typical 70's latchkey kid, Mom was at work when we got home from school, so often times my big brother would fix us a snack. Having extremely basic culinary skills and limited resources, that was often frozen State Fair corn dogs cooked in the oven. The look, smell, and taste of them still make me feel like a little kid again :giggle:

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
I'm a mustard freak, all kinds of mustards, verging into the various types of horseradish, but for a corn dog it HAS to be plain yellow mustard. Now here's something I didn't know; the deli worker at QFC told me that virtually every corn dog you buy is made with turkey hot dogs. Does anyone know if this is true?

No corn dogs until I can find one without a chicken dog in it. When I do, mustard and ketchup, or just mustard.

Do we have a corn dog conspiracy going here?
So.... is it turkey or chicken? Don't make me cry fowl. ;)
SF

Chadk

Life of the Party
Another corn dog fan. only reason I like to attend the local county fair. Hand dipped corn doggies. Though walla walla sweet onion burgers are another good reason. No rides for me these days.

Definitely regular yellow mustard. Keep that nasty fancy mustard to yourselves... Especially the grey garbage. Cheep yellow mustard for me. And maybe some ketchup, too.

Some guy has a corndog stand at the local farmer's market here in Monroe. Heard it was pretty good, but the timing just hasn't worked out for me.