NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Maybe I should check to see if I have any Ping Pong eligibility left...

Big Tuna

Steelhead

creekx

not crate trained

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
The college football year is over. We had highs and lows but there is one dog with his priorities in order. GO DUCKS !

Go Dawgs! 😂
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Looks like the Florida NIL collective bailed on the promised $13 million to their QB recruit.
It will be interesting to see if his family files a lawsuit against the collective and the University of Florida athletic department.
I kind of hope they do to help take the mask off of some of the NIL secrecy and all that is involved. $13 million for having never played a down of college ball is crazy money.

Then there is this. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The NCAA is always late to the game. Had they been more proactive none of this or the NIL would have likely happened.

SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Big Tuna

Steelhead

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Huard to Cal Poly
Go figure

Very unusual for a 5-star to step down that far. Of course, that star system has been proven wrong on many players.
I understand the coaching connection with his old HS coach, but it also appears power 5 schools weren't pounding down the doors for his services.
Arm strength issue maybe? I do get that kids just want PT and at this point in his college career, that is what he needs.
If he lights it up there, maybe he'll transfer again. Nothing is out of the realm of possibilities these days.
SF

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Very unusual for a 5-star to step down that far. Of course, that star system has been proven wrong on many players.
I understand the coaching connection with his old HS coach, but it also appears power 5 schools weren't pounding down the doors for his services.
Arm strength issue maybe? I do get that kids just want PT and at this point in his college career, that is what he needs.
If he lights it up there, maybe he'll transfer again. Nothing is out of the realm of possibilities these days.
SF
I hear you
Maybe he just isn’t as good as the hype. UW to Cal Poly not really a lateral move
Good luck to him

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Three of my nephews went there...all super smart high achievers.
i think he was just flat out overrated, likely due to name recognition.
I might be wrong, but never saw anything in his brief NCAA time that made me think he was special...
But maybe he is a Geno.
:)

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If they are going to pay Athletes in the collages then they ought to just use scholarships' on the brainy kids. Or are some of those players just that dumb and need a free ride.
Exactly. Giving a scholarship to some athletic bubba that will play 1 year and then leave for the pros flies in the face of the educational system. A scholarship given to a brilliant or even average high school kid will probably develop that kid into a useful member of society that can make some contributions other than becoming a talking head on sports TV in a few years.

How did colleges get this fucked up? How can they pay coaches 5-6 million dollar a year salaries and then charge students hundreds of thousands of dollars to attend and have crippling debt before they get their first job? How many full ride scholarships would $6,000,000 a year provide for brilliant students? China produces over 9x as many graduate engineers a year as the US and India 5x as many and yet the football budget for major universities is as much as some 3rd world countries. And don't give me that crap that colleges can't exist without sports revenue. College football has been around for 150 years and it is only recently that they have painted themselves into the corner they now find themselves in.

There are less than 2,000 players in the NFL so the job prospects there are damned slim. In an increasingly technological world we need on the order of 250,000 engineers a year to graduate, we are only getting 70-80,000. Not enough to compete.