NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Keeping the tradition alive with our annual college football thread.
Kickoff is two months from today. Some good first week matchups in Oregon Vs Georgia, ND vs Ohio State and Utah vs Florida.

Word on the street is the Huskies will suck again. I’m hoping it is Norte Dame that sucks. ;)
Should be a interesting season. Talk some shit about teams you like or dislike.

This popped up in my news feed. If true, that is a nice signing bonus. Boy how things have changed with NIL and the transfer portal.
SF

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Last year I thought we would be pretty good but not win it all. Losing to UGA in the championship was disappointing but not completely unexpected. This year I'll go out on a limb and predict another national championship for Bama despite a very tough schedule.

Heisman candidates on both offense and defense and top tier transfers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Louisville and Vandy and going to add some serious firepower to an already championship caliber squad.

Roll Tide!

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
ND should hiccup with a new coach. Huskies should suck again for the same reason but less talent.
I’m hearing that Michigan is deep and hungry.
The wild card in my book will be USC.
Could be interesting.
GO COUGS!!!

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Utah will be the team to beat.
Coogs may have a decent team with the new QB.
Huskies will struggle to win 6 games, but it beats 0-12, so they got that going for them, which is nice.
:)

Porter2

Life of the Party
The huskies may well indeed suck but it is what you see that will help tell for their future. Will you a see a so-so hum boring 5-6 win team or will you see a exciting fast hard hitting 5-6 win team? You know the kinda team that scares opponents and with a few balances of the ball in their favor they are a 7-8 win team. Because I feel they really need to show something this year, mainly improvement in all areas!

Oregon State …. Watch out.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is becoming ridiculous. PAC as in PACIFIC. Maybe if the league would put out a better product teams would want to join the PAC. Now SC and UCLA can travel further to get their asses kicked.
Opening line…”PAC 12 powerhouses…”
I’m still laughing.
Huskies should join the Big Sky

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
My prediction after this news…..Washington and Oregon will eventually be in the Big 10.

Expect ACC schools like Clemson, Miami and Florida St to eventually move as well.
SF

creekx

not crate trained
College sports have gotten crazy!
That should be the end of the PAC 12 without the two LA schools.
Here come the super conferences.
SF
Yep. Instead of the Power 5 it will soon be the Power 2 - SEC and Big10.

Is there a point where the Average Joe College Football Fan just tunes this shit out? And will it matter if the $$$ continue to flow to the big boys?

creekx

not crate trained
My prediction after this news…..Washington and Oregon will eventually be in the Big 10.

Expect ACC schools like Clemson, Miami and Florida St to eventually move as well.
SF
Oregon can work the Nike angle to get in, but not so sure about UW. It ain't Don James and the 80's and 90's anymore.

Porter2

Life of the Party
This is what everyone wanted…. You want national playoffs and a single champion? You introduce NIL. Of course this was to be expected. Super mega conferences. Eliminating a number of schools from ever having an opportunity to win a national championship. You take away the experience of being a college kid playing football, take away the reward and pageantry of bowl games that (use to) mean something to players, students, alumni, and local university fans. It has become professional football. The smaller bowls will dwindle away. No one wants to watch a bowl game with 9,000 fans attending in places like Boise, El Paso, Shreveport, etc. …..and I don’t care what others have said. The average fans or the hardcore fans with limited funds are also going to lose out. This is for TV/corporations/wealthy.