Cold weather coming this week, get those hose bibs covered...

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
I respectfully disagree. Horticulturists recommend leaving heavily loaded frozen trees alone, since attempts to shake them is likely to cause further damage.
Agree, the ice, if it does not cause breakage, actually protects the leaves, it's why orang rowers, grape growers etc spray their crop if a freeze is coming on.

Good luck

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
OK then...

Lost power on Thursday and just got it back. Several power poles taken out by trees, crushed houses, crushed cars... Thankfully none were mine. Using our 2020 stimulus money to take out the trees that would otherwise be laying over my living room right now was some of the best money I ever spent.

Haven't had any kind of internet access until just a bit ago. Mobile 4G internet has been down and most phone and texting service intermittent.

We had a brief thaw yesterday and I got to get the truck out to have a look around before we refroze. I can't describe how difficult it is to even go outside. Literally everything was encased in ice and still kinda is. Thankfully we're starting another thaw.

I don't have much for good pics since I was driving, but if you're curious, I'm sure there's lots of footage of the destruction online. I'm in South Gresham and it was shocking how much destruction there is. Never seen a power line pole fall in to a house before..

Edit: I want to add that the ice shouldn't get all the credit. Been near constant 20-50mph winds here since mid week.
1000004655.jpg

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dry and boring in Puyallup valley.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
OK then...

Lost power on Thursday and just got it back. Several power poles taken out by trees, crushed houses, crushed cars... Thankfully none were mine. Using our 2020 stimulus money to take out the trees that would otherwise be laying over my living room right now was some of the best money I ever spent.

Haven't had any kind of internet access until just a bit ago. Mobile 4G internet has been down and most phone and texting service intermittent.

We had a brief thaw yesterday and I got to get the truck out to have a look around before we refroze. I can't describe how difficult it is to even go outside. Literally everything was encased in ice and still kinda is. Thankfully we're starting another thaw.

I don't have much for good pics since I was driving, but if you're curious, I'm sure there's lots of footage of the destruction online. I'm in South Gresham and it was shocking how much destruction there is. Never seen a power line pole fall in to a house before..

Edit: I want to add that the ice shouldn't get all the credit. Been near constant 20-50mph winds here since mid week.
View attachment 100358
Pro tip: next will be PRIME free firewood time ;)