Cold weather coming this week, get those hose bibs covered...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Gonna be some cold weather coming into the PNW later this week. Seems worse for those on the north end of things (and even more so for those on the east side of the hills in the north).

Get those hose bibs covered and leave the faucets dripping.

IMG_8610.PNG.jpeg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
The mild winter to-date has spoiled me. Now I'll have to contend with freezing photog fingers . . .

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Mixed rain and snow here @ 34⁰...
Erf.
Same here in Walla Walla, walked out of class into a blizzard of wet stuff. At least todays revised posting doesn't have single digits in it. We'll see what actually happens.
1704737221543.png

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
We're expecting 70 here in NC, and possible tornado activity, that just doesn't seem right.

cheers

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

RCF

Life of the Party
Windy in Western Washington too:

Tuesday
Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 10am. Steady temperature around 41. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tuesday Night
Rain. Low around 35. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 17 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Blizzard forecast for the Cascades remains on track. Only change is temps that were supposed to drop to 2 degrees in Sunriver by the weekend now project a low of 19 then back up to high 20's.
10 hp snow thrower primed and ready...

"Full fledged blizzard conditions for elevations above 3000-4000 feet Tuesday morning into Wednesday as snowfall rates peak around 1 to 2 inches/hr at the same time
as strong westerly winds sustained around 30-50 mph with gusts of 60-70+ mph for elevations around or above 5000-6000 feet. These strong winds are set to occur as an incoming 850-700 mb
jet max aims right at the Cascades, helping to turbocharge orographic lift. With all that being said, travel conditions in the Cascades will be treacherous/dangerous given the heavy snow, high winds, blowing snow, and visibility near zero. A Blizzard Warning remains in effect for locations above 3000ft in the Cascades 4am Tuesday through 4pm Wednesday, although the worst of the conditions will be through Tuesday night. A Winter Storm Warning also remains in effect in the Washington and Oregon Cascade foothills for the same time period above 1500ft. It would also be wise to alert friends and family before traveling over the passes - 2 to 4 feet of new snow is expected to fall within a 48-hour period Tuesday morning through Wednesday night."

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Glad we are finally getting some good snow up in the mountains. We need it.
SF

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
No one elses dog just stands in the middle of the yard for 10 minutes in the pouring rain staring at the sky and sniffing? Maybe lay down in the mud to chew on a nice stick while getting absolutely drenched. Work on digging their hole to China. Then wait to shake off until back in the house?

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
No one elses dog just stands in the middle of the yard for 10 minutes in the pouring rain staring at the sky and sniffing? Maybe lay down in the mud to chew on a nice stick while getting absolutely drenched. Work on digging their hole to China. Then wait to shake off until back in the house?
My Golden, the notorious MBT ( #1), does.

Cheers

Reactions: ffb

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yep both. Lol.

But especially the young one (half lab half golden)

Reactions: ffb

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

Yes, this is my life.

I cannot get two of my three dogs to come in, even when it’s dumping. Usually the older one likes to step in a fresh pile and track it across the deck and into the house when he does decide to come in. The other, fresh off the muddy belly hole he’s usually digging will track in muddy footprints. Notice the baby gate in the upper left hand corner of the pic. Me gating off last summers belly hole after filling it in and planting grass.

Impossible to get upset at this happy merled prick though.

IMG_3900.jpeg