Cell Phone Pics

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
No work of art photography
Just life on the "farm".

Relocating a gopher snake. They always cross our walking path in the same spot every year. Move em to the back of the pasture to make the wife feel better. I'm sure they scoot right back.
20230513_172845.jpg20230513_172635.jpg

My bees didn't make the winter. Well, they did. It was the spring that got em. Taking this year off from bee keeping.
Decided to leave some honey in em for wild bees to forage (mainly cause I'm lazy and hadn't cleaned it all up). Mice now call a box home. Gotta toss it, no honey in this box next year. Cute little guys though.
20230510_190413.jpg

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Sorry 'bout the loss of your Honey Bees.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Sorry 'bout the loss of your Honey Bees.
All good. I expect some loss, im a rookie. Only a few years experience.
They made it through the winter, got a nice few days, and saw them outside the hive. Then it got cold again. They broke their huddle too soon i think.
In a weird way, I'm glad. Give me a year to freshen up and update frames and boxes. And relocate closer to the house and in a better spot

Like a fresh mown pasture. Just bring a sense of peace, and a sore ass. Love this view.
20230514_094436.jpg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
The games gonna change, time for deep water tactics.
20230514_121843.jpg
Day one, and bass gear dudes spend 25 minutes at the ramp from hell inflating kayaks with a foot pump. AND they didn't have PFD's so the ranger had them put on yellow loaners.
20230514_122001.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I really didn't get any good fishing shots. Frankly didn't think about it, and I didn't want to spoil these moments for a posed shot. I was so thrilled that all our pond time is paying off. Look at that stripping hand. The little one will start next year, right now he's learning to turn the reel handle the correct way when he isn't netting things.
20230513_strippinghand.jpg

Last edited: