Cell Phone Pics

G_Smolt

Legend
Well, we're a bit more prepared for snow in Alaska. Between city and state equipment, we've got more than 1 full-sized plow truck for every 35 miles of road.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bellingham Bay was a little gumpy this morning
View attachment 55888
Cool pic. Not as grumpy as when we lived on Cliffside Drive during the Columbus day storm. Guessing not far from that spot. My first memory was the roof repeatedly lifting and slamming while everyone was running around freaking out.

Last edited:

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
Ha! Probably nothing compared to that...from what I've heard and read.

This probably wasn't even a temper tantrum compared to that wind storm. ;)

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter

We lived in a flat roofed house- very “moderne” big picture windows and with the power out the windows seemed to bow(i was 8-9)when all was done the next day i went out with dad to check the house a big crack in a beam of the open 2 car carport but it turned out to be just a long peel of paint in the grain. The 5 beams were about 18”x 8 and about 40’ long

Last edited:

cdnred

Life of the Party
We lived in a flat roofed house- very “moderne” big picture windows and with the power out the windows seemed to bow(i was 8-9)when all was done the next day i went out with day to check the house a big crack in a beam of the open 2 car carport but it turned out to be just a long peel of paint in the grain. The 4 beams were about 18”x 8 and about 40’ long
I've been very lucky in life to never have experienced any major storms like that. Looking at all the devastation it's very lucky the death toll wasn't much higher then it was. Sad times for sure..

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Hanging with the local flora and fauna in Costa Rica.

Sloth…

DC8F7161-8101-4723-9E50-C5449539D3F2.jpeg

Can you spot the Squirel Monkey?

6C7FA218-6A48-4AF0-B610-E54860CAF2EA.jpeg

Capuchin…

BAB941E2-77BE-4718-B045-7EB980659701.jpeg

Great trip. Photographed (with dedicated photo equipment) 4 species of monkeys in the wild (Capuchin, Howler, Squirrel and Spider), Tapir, Agouti, anteater, coati, all kinds of birds, crocodiles, Carmen, iguanas, etc. Good food, weather, scenery and people. Love this place. One of the only places I travel and leave the fly rod at home….so far :).

4226F8D3-F31E-47BE-A4A0-18FBFD1910F8.jpeg