Cautionary Tale - I found a dead angler in the SolDuc this morning

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Thomas,
Thanks for sharing, it's certainly a reminder of dangers that I think we all too often put aside. Best wishes to you and your friend for a speedy return to normal.

LBL

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hey,
I live in PA boat every section from Salmon C down very regularly. What section was this on? Where’s the log jam, do you know? Feel free to PM if you would rather. I have a story about the undocumented guy who died maybe 10 yrs ago up near Heckelsville.

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Hey,
I live in PA boat every section from Salmon C down very regularly. What section was this on? Where’s the log jam, do you know? Feel free to PM if you would rather. I have a story about the undocumented guy who died maybe 10 yrs ago up near Heckelsville.
I heard from my neighbor that the boat was found just below Hillstrom. We found the deceased in the flat below the lower Tumbling Rapids bridge.

Driftless Dan

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am so sorry for the deceased's family, and for you to have to come upon him. Good to hear about the quick and professional behavior of the rescue team.

There is a similar scene in "The River Why," David James Duncan's first book.

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Little Joe Jarzynka!! Oh no, this is tragic. Joe was a Husky walk-on fan favorite. Condolences to Joe's family and friends. RIP Joe.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Sad story.
Good guy by all accounts, used to banter a bit online years ago with him about flys, and of course football.
Rip...
:(

Bob Rankin

Wandering the country with rifle and spey rod.
Forum Supporter
Very sorry to hear this. Best of wishes.

dep

Steelhead
thanks for sharing and taking care of an unfortunate incident. I'm sure that was hard.
I too am making more efforts to be safer. as we get older we lose our strength and stamina and we need to know when to say when.
I wore my like jacket yesterday while on my pontoon.
very sad

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
I am saddened to read that you and your buddy came across a deceased body, what a tragedy. RIP Joe

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
Thomas
I am sorry you and your friend discovered this tragedy.

As bad as I feel for all involved, it’s a silver lining that Joe was found and the grieving/healing can begin for his family and friends.

So sad a local fisherman and family man was lost to accidental drowning.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Terrible loss and such a sad story. Sorry you had to be the first on the accident.