Cant fix stupid!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

Islander

Life of the Party
It has begun for 2024, should be an interesting “stupid tourist season” this year. I didn’t realize there is a Facebook page dedicated to their activities. 😆

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
I'm sure glad WDFW's not trying to reintroduce Bison to WA. Can you imagine the chaos, with innocent eastside flyfishers being trampled by these beasts? You'd have to carry a 12 gauge for every seeplake hike-in. ;)

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm sure glad WDFW's not trying to reintroduce Bison to WA. Can you imagine the chaos, with innocent eastside flyfishers being trampled by these beasts? You'd have to carry a 12 gauge for every seeplake hike-in. ;)
Naw. Bison are all over Yellowstone. When I'm in that area I like to fish the Lamar. Zigzagging around bison herds is the normal part of stream access. Only once, last fall, there were so many randomly scattered bulls and dispersed small herds that I could not devise an effective zigzag route that would avoid all the damn bison. So I packed up and drove somewhere else.

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Yeah, reality is that bison never bothered me in YNP. I stayed away from them and they stayed away from me. I do remember pissing off a bull elk one time in the fall that wanted to cross the Madison where I was fishing. My dad suggested I get outta the water as the bull was beginning to abuse the bankside willows amidst the bugling. Sure enough, as soon as I exited the river that bull led his harem across right where I'd been fishing.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Yeah, reality is that bison never bothered me in YNP. I stayed away from them and they stayed away from me. I do remember pissing off a bull elk one time in the fall that wanted to cross the Madison where I was fishing. My dad suggested I get outta the water as the bull was beginning to abuse the bankside willows amidst the bugling. Sure enough, as soon as I exited the river that bull led his harem across right where I'd been fishing.
That’ll put the fish down for a bit… 😉

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Just wait until the griz get there!

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Naw. Bison are all over Yellowstone. When I'm in that area I like to fish the Lamar. Zigzagging around bison herds is the normal part of stream access. Only once, last fall, there were so many randomly scattered bulls and dispersed small herds that I could not devise an effective zigzag route that would avoid all the damn bison. So I packed up and drove somewhere else.
20240427_164835.jpg
They never bothered me either...a good fish was under that bank, ate an ant drifted under the cut.
😄😁😄