NFR Buy on the Crypto Dip?

Non-fishing related

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
the energy used to float bitcoin efforts is absolutely ridiculous. I have a hard time wrapping my head around why knowing the provenence of crypto matters, let alone establishing it through "mining." Good lord there are so many better ways to use electric power constructively, effectively, efficiently. And you know ledgers have been around forever, if you really want provenance.

Crypto warriors who love fishing, how do you reconcile massive energy/environmental demands for outcomes that might benefit a very slim few?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Crypto warriors who love fishing, how do you reconcile massive energy/environmental demands for outcomes that might benefit a very slim few?
I don't. The crypto I participate in use proof of stake vs proof of work, which is what bitcoin uses.

Caushe

Freshly Spawned
Better than after it pumps. But I think it's not done dropping.

Been through this many times before. Every time, everyone says "see! i told you! it's all over now! it's dead!" Then I buy and make money.

There's money to be made if you got the balls for it and have a bit of savvy. Or you will get absolutely obliterated. That market is not for the faint of heart or the gullible. But it has treated me VERY well.

Proceed VERY cautiously. I also advise you to store your crypto on a secure platform like en.cryptoprocessing.com/wallet. This is a reliable and easy-to-use wallet.
Trying to predict the market is always a risky game, especially in the volatile world of Bitcoin. Your experience and cautious approach are valuable information for anyone planning to enter the cryptocurrency market.

While the recent downturn may seem discouraging, your past success stories show that there is potential for profit with the right strategy. However, your warning that the market is not forgiving to the unprepared is also important to remember.

Indeed, proceed with caution. Do your research, understand the risks involved, and never invest more than you can afford to lose. The market can reward your courage and ingenuity, but it can also be ruthless.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Trying to predict the market is always a risky game, especially in the volatile world of Bitcoin. Your experience and cautious approach are valuable information for anyone planning to enter the cryptocurrency market.

While the recent downturn may seem discouraging, your past success stories show that there is potential for profit with the right strategy. However, your warning that the market is not forgiving to the unprepared is also important to remember.

Indeed, proceed with caution. Do your research, understand the risks involved, and never invest more than you can afford to lose. The market can reward your courage and ingenuity, but it can also be ruthless.
Recent downturn? I'm up over 100% in the last couple months (been adding money during the last year while things were tanked). Things are going up hard right now, so I've stopped adding capital. I definitely would not call now a "downturn."

Do I recommend people throw money in now or ever? No, I'll never do that again. Only you know the answer to that. All I know is what I do has worked for me.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Some positive action with the crypto market lately.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
Did you buy on the dip or listen to the crabs? I bought. I can’t believe it.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did you buy on the dip or listen to the crabs? I bought. I can’t believe it.

It's been a great ride.....so far.
Ethereum,
I think it was around 1450.00 a share when we got it Sept. 2022?

A lot better than 2% from any bank.

Imo, The issue with most naysayers is they don't have the funds to make a purchase, so they give condescending comments.

My wife does all our investing.
I just bring home some grocery money.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
It's been a great ride.....so far.
Ethereum,
I think it was around 1450.00 a share when we got it Sept. 2022?

A lot better than 2% from any bank.

Imo, The issue with most naysayers is they don't have the funds to make a purchase, so they give condescending comments.

My wife does all our investing.
I just bring home some grocery money.

It’s like gold. It doesn’t make much sense that it is a safe place to store money in simple terms, but it is a pretty safe place to store money.

I bought at $25, $55, and around $900. All based on a friend’s advice that is much smarter than me. It makes me feel guilty how much I made. If it holds like this I can live a retirement I only dreamed of. If not I’ll be alright so I am letting it ride.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Things are good in my world 😎 played that three year slump like a champ. Now I'm just having fun gambling on memecoins and winning there too.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Just my observations from my third bull run/crash - and this applies to the traditional stock market, too.

It's always funny - when things are a good buy and down in the gutter, I hear endlessly how this is all so stupid and how could I ever be involved with something like this. It crashing is proof it was stupid all along. But I'm just quietly buying away.

Then things start their predictable up-turn almost on schedule. Then everyone says "oh I missed it. too late. bummer." Then it hits that parabolic euphoria phase, and suddenly everyone is asking questions about how to get in and start buying away.

It's like clockwork.

I've taken profits when it made sense, and re-bought when the doom and gloom starts. Rinse and repeat a few times. Go through the usual cycle of being called an idiot, etc etc.

I'm never gonna post up what the numbers look like for me over the years, but had I taken the advice of many on this board and the previous board, I'd have missed out on life changing gains.

hopefully this bull run goes to where it has the potential to, and good luck to anyone playing the game. It's gettin wild again.

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
BTC just hit all time high for a millisecond. Some people are claiming it will be at $140K this year. I doubt that but I would probably sellout if that were the case and rebuy once it comes back down to earth for a couple days. Don’t buy right now, wait for the next dip.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I asked my wife last night about our crypto stock, she said it's funny that you ask, she put a call in and on Thursday she will take our money out and half of the profit and play around with it somewhere else.
Oh well.....she knows what she is doing.

I think being in our mid 50's, she likes to scoop up little profits and stash them away.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I don't know..... maybe my wife is too quick to pull the trigger.
Today is a great day for crypto.