Break-in at Victor

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
B27F64F2-CC35-4260-BA3F-D43A53747403.jpeg
My luck with tweakers finally ran out. This happened in Victor, WA - many of you probably know the spot. Broad daylight on a busy highway. They were in and out in about 30 seconds. Thought I heard something from the water, but didn’t check for five minutes or so.

Nothing of value taken because there was nothing to take. Looks like they just rummaged thru the glovebox and called it a day.

Mods feel free to kill this thread if it turns into a “hang the thieves” shitfest. Just wanted to give a PSA since I thought this was a reasonably safe spot.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Very sorry to hear that.
It sure sucks you can’t just enjoy a nice day out on the water without having to worry about someone messing with your rig.:mad:

Did you report it to the sheriff?
SF

Go Fish

Smolt
That’s my neighborhood, very rare but compared
to someone getting shot everyday in King and
Pierce counties I’m not bitching. I will be locking
my cars. And yes hang em! Dave

NRC

Forum Supporter
Very sorry to hear that.
It sure sucks you can’t just enjoy a nice day out on the water without having to worry about someone messing with your rig.:mad:

Did you report it to the sheriff?
SF
I did report it, waiting on a call back.

NRC

Forum Supporter
That’s my neighborhood, very rare but compared
to someone getting shot everyday in King and
Pierce counties I’m not bitching. I will be locking
my cars. And yes hang em! Dave
Hopefully it was some King County tweakers out for an evening drive and they won’t be paying you or your neighbors another visit.

Brian in OR.

Steelhead
Nothing of value taken because there was nothing to take. Looks like they just rummaged thru the glovebox and called it a day.
Why Lock it then... If nothing valuable save yourself the damage and grief and leave it unlocked... Sorry for your misfortune.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
Just curious, did you hear back from the sheriff?
SF

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
We are playing phone tag. I am due a call back at some point today. Missed their initial callback due to bad reception around Victor.

Thanks for the reply.
I had a couple sketchy incidents there over the past couple years. I had fished down the beach and was walking back to my rig up against the shoreline when I was done fishing.
As I turned the corner onto the path, there was a guy with a duffel bag standing on the trail. As soon as he saw me he turned around walking quickly across the parking lot then down the highway. No other vehicles around.
I’m pretty sure he was coming down the trail to see where I was at.
Encountered another guy in the parking lot just walking in circles, wearing a tank top…in December????? Again, no other vehicles around.
SF

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Damn that sucks! One time I saw a dude walking in and out of the bushes as I reversed into that same parking spot... nope! Going somewhere else!

Engee

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I remember quite a few years ago, Buzz and I were sitting in the pickup at Lenice minding our own business when an old truck with two people came into the parking lot, made a loop through and left without stopping. I have a feeling that if we hadn't been sitting in the pickup at the time the windows would have been left shattered in the parking lot.

Stonedfish

Forum Supporter
I don’t want to stereotype anyone, so let’s just say there was a very interesting individual roaming the Hwy 302 pavement today.
I’m not the only member here who saw this.
Very interesting times….
SF

Last edited:

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I don’t want to stereotype anyone, so let’s just say there was a very interesting individual roaming the Hwy 302 pavement today.
I’m not the only member here who saw this.
Very interesting times….
SF

Yeah, that guy was odd….so random. Some other dude was stalking me on that road today as well :).

@NRC sorry to hear that. I stopped there today and was going to fish but I saw all the glass on the ground and had second thoughts. I had my pontoon in the bed of my truck (locked) and some other goodies in the cab, plus the tide was ehh so just continued on my way. Never had any issues at that spot myself. I have encountered a couple interesting folks at a different popular spot in that area though.

NRC

Forum Supporter
Yeah, that guy was odd….so random. Some other dude was stalking me on that road today as well :).

@NRC sorry to hear that. I stopped there today and was going to fish but I saw all the glass on the ground and had second thoughts. I had my pontoon in the bed of my truck (locked) and some other goodies in the cab, plus the tide was ehh so just continued on my way. Never had any issues at that spot myself. I have encountered a couple interesting folks at a different popular spot in that area though.
I need to go back and clean that glass up. On the other hand it’s a pretty good way to warn people!