NFR Battery powered chainsaw(s)?

Non-fishing related

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I visited the saw shop. Sorry husky is the way to go. About 1200 bucks for the unit I was looking at. Spendy. However they have not had a single saw failed and needing service in the time they have sold them.
Dustin,
Do you mean Husqvarna and not the Home Depot Husky store brand ?

SSPey

loco alto!
I’ve had the Ego for 5 or 6 years, use it to limb trees, buck the occasional 14-20” tree, and carry when I’m on day trips deep in the woods. Just gave my perfectly good gas Stihl to a friend, haven’t used it in years.

Peatbog

Smolt
Husqvarna
Tree service that dropped a bunch for me here ran a couple of the Husky batt saws. The guys that are doing some work next to the job site we're up in the trees with one. I could justify the price if it's making me money but not for just in case. You really learn to appreciate how quiet they are when you work next to one of each all day. One of the young bucks next door had heavily modified Stihl that was ear splitting loud and anoying as f.... I actually started giving him shit. Both Stihl and Husqvarna make quality jobsite quality batt power saws.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Tree service that dropped a bunch for me here ran a couple of the Husky batt saws. The guys that are doing some work next to the job site we're up in the trees with one. I could justify the price if it's making me money but not for just in case. You really learn to appreciate how quiet they are when you work next to one of each all day. One of the young bucks next door had heavily modified Stihl that was ear splitting loud and anoying as f.... I actually started giving him shit. Both Stihl and Husqvarna make quality jobsite quality batt power saws.

Maple thieves rejoicing.

JayB

Steelhead
Heard pretty good things about the Milwaukee M18 model/12Ah battery combo - would probably go that route if I went electric since I opted for Milwaukee cordless tools.

Having said that, I'm in no hurry to convert because actually kind of enjoy everything about working with gas-powered chainsaws, but mostly because the little Tanaka 32cc chainsaw that I picked up 8-9 years ago has just been so incredibly useful, reliable, and capable. I've just tortured the thing limbing, bucking, and falling and it's been way more reliable than the mid-range Stihl that I use ~30% as much (the Stihl is one of the mid-market "Farm Boss" homeowner models, but still). Basically all I've had to replace is the air filter every now and then. Never heard of the brand before I picked it up, but one more case where I've been astounded by the quality of Japanese small gas engines.

Amazon product ASIN B009KBOJY8