Balanced leech dropper question

Zak

Legend
Today: Step 5 - lunge after the first rod as it careens out of the raft almost taking a swim.
Step 6 - be lucky enough to fish first fishing rod back with second rod on first rods floating fishing line. (I can provide diagrams and charts.) 🥵
I did that once! Was trolling a mouserat pattern at dusk in a smallie lake and not using a rod holder. Nice SMB took the fly and zip! Out went my rod. I had another rod with a hex pattern tied on and ready to cast. I used that to catch the first rod, and landed the bass!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I almost always use a chromie on top, tie another loop knot in the eye and hang a balanced leech or a micro leech 18” under. Sorta makes more sense having a chromie higher in the water column, let the weight of the leech keep things vertical. 90% of caught fish are on the bottom fly…..not sure if it’s preferred or most likely the depth. I haven’t switched them around when the action is good…..ain’t broken-don’t fix it!

Wayne Kohan

Life of the Party
I almost always use a chromie on top, tie another loop knot in the eye and hang a balanced leech or a micro leech 18” under. Sorta makes more sense having a chromie higher in the water column, let the weight of the leech keep things vertical. 90% of caught fish are on the bottom fly…..not sure if it’s preferred or most likely the depth. I haven’t switched them around when the action is good…..ain’t broken-don’t fix it!
Of course it sorta makes sense to have the chromie higher, but I have caught many fish with a chromie hanging lower than a bloodworm. But I'm not one to argue with you Mr. Steve.

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Of course it sorta makes sense to have the chromie higher, but I have caught many fish with a chromie hanging lower than a bloodworm. But I'm not one to argue with you Mr. Steve.
That’s funny right there Wayne!! Mr Steve was my teaching name for 18 years in the Highline School District! Now being retired I’m just Steve, hey you, or…….